ITV - Jeremy Kyle, Emmerdale, Corry

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, cable, Sky, Virgin Media, iplayer, Amazon, Netflix, Rakuten...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

tykeman
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 19:06

Re: ITV - Jeremy Kyle, Emmerdale, Corry

Very much like Dragonrider, best programme on television at the moment is the Repair shop. All the experts have unique talents which are not found in people these days. If I can't watch it, then I record it. Don't watch soaps, or any of these reality programmes and have never watched or seen Jeremy Kyle. Other programmes I enjoy are Country File, Antique Roadshow, nature films and geographical. [Crazy.png]
Get out there and do it to them, before they do it to you

Mick
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 00:13

thecaretaker wrote:
Tue, Jth May 2019, 8:26pm
Long gone are the days when the most exciting storyline was when Amos Brailey shouting at Mr Wilks for running out of mild.
Yeah, two blokes who lived above the Woolpack. Back then no-one considered they might be an item, it was immaterial to the story line. These days the story line would be the intimate details of their love life.

The Jeremy Kyle Show is cheap and nasty trash TV, nothing more.

Anyone watch Derry Girls? Peoples' tastes vary but this is one show that cracks me up (when i can understand WHAT they're saying).

samsmith
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 02:32

I agree, it's about time jezza got scrapped, u'd never see me or Kyle on one of those shows... We have standards! People who apear on Jeremy Kyle are usually rowdy, spew disgusting language and seems they can't keep their "Percy" in their pants! [JawDropped.png]

One word for it: vile!! [Loud.png]

Sorry for the spelling, I am on my iPad!
Sam Smith
Devoted, caring and respected Site Manager, Husband, Dad and Foster Carer

"Whenever there a hall that needs a moppin', I'll be there... Whenever there's a urinal mint that needs replacin', I'll be there... Whenever a kid breaks a window or barfed on the floor, I'll be there... All you gotta do is bleep me... You know how to beep me don't you Murial? Just press the phone buttons and hit #" - Hank from Disney's Recess

Check out my blog - https://tinyurl.com/swsmith

scrubadub
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 06:44

I'm not saying we're rough round here but we've had quite a few of our parents go on the Jeremy Kyle show. One failed the lie detector test and got a load of abuse in the PG. [Scared.png]

trout39843
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 07:40

When I had my knee replaced I suffer with the JK show. Such a poor rip-off of Jerry Springer. I don't even watch TV now, haven't for a long time. And this "reality" junk, don't the stars realize that a network will not put them in harms way? Yet they whimper about everything. They should rename it "I'm a Celebrity, I Need to Man-up."
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.

jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
May 2019 16 09:26

Speaking of decent TV programs...

Has anybody watched Chernobyl (Tuesdays - Sky Atlantic)
Good grief, now that’s how to do a Docu-drama.

No loud overbearing music, no ‘dramatics’, no fancy camera angles or lens flares, no explanations or stating the obvious, things are explained as and when the Soviets worked out what was happening.

Grim, gritty, utterly horrifying but with moments of true bravery.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)
Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.

Rockstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 09:36

I do watch the One show whilst cooking our tea (dinner if your down sarf). Again Antiques roadshow, countryfile and I have been watching Devon and Cornwall recently but the narrator is putting me right off! She has the most terrible "put on" west country accent ever! I do like Repair Shop. And I caught a programme the other day where they restored an old BMW without the owner knowing and then revealed it to him. I dont know what it was called, but I am sure someone will enlighten me. Oh and I will tell you what I do miss..... Scrapheap Challenge!

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 09:41

jay wrote:
Thu, Jth May 2019, 9:26am
Speaking of decent TV programs...

Has anybody watched Chernobyl (Tuesdays - Sky Atlantic)
Good grief, now that’s how to do a Docu-drama.
Yes, a fascinating look at the grim reality of what actually happened. Sad but true...

As for most of the other reality stuff I'm not really interested.
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

tykeman
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 12:18

Perhaps his 3 million pound pay out will ease the pain of the show being axed (Apple news today) [Gobsmacked.png] [Cry.png]
Get out there and do it to them, before they do it to you

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
May 2019 16 12:39

tykeman wrote:
Thu, Jth May 2019, 12:18pm
Perhaps his 3 million pound pay out will ease the pain of the show being axed (Apple news today) [Gobsmacked.png] [Cry.png]
Well that should get him some good lawyers, he will need them. Oh, it looks like he is going to set up his own media company instead...
reportedly set up a media company just days before, in a bid to ‘safeguard his future’
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/16/jeremy-k ... ny-9561404
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional