Leave entitlement

Post jobs you have seen and chat about Contracts, T&C's, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 04 13:41

Re: Leave entitlement

Cliff_Promise wrote: Mon, 4th Jan 2021, 12:04pm Well after --- (The word only permitted in December) --- I still have plenty to use!

Anyone else got some days holiday left? -Cool.png-
February half term booked off which is the last of my holiday. Don't like taking the whole of Feb off as I usually get on with PAT testing but thanks to having to cancel holidays last year, I'm not losing any entitlement that's due.

Pre School won't be happy as they'll want to get their guy in to do some renovations, but there we go.
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 05 07:04

Nice to see some folk have some well earned rest booked in or ready to use.

Especially in this day and age.

Rest well when you can
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 05 09:30

29 days + bank holidays here. Used to get 2 extra days after 10 years but the council scrapped it for Manual workers just before I started. Office staff still get 31 days though. -Angry.png-
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 06 08:34

Cliff_Promise wrote: Mon, 4th Jan 2021, 12:04pm Well after --- (The word only permitted in December) --- I still have plenty to use!

Anyone else got some days holiday left? -Cool.png-
So many it's not even funny carried over 10 days from last year then Covid hit and keyworker children... was even on standby for the bank holidays.
Managed to get 2 weeks in the summer and a couple of days in the October half term.

But apart from that everything else was cancelled. problem now is all the contractors that were delayed in the first lockdown i'm now having to catch up on.

I don't even want to know how much holidays I have left but i know for definite I need a break -Sleepy.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 08 07:16

Vera wrote: Wed, 6th Jan 2021, 8:34am So many it's not even funny carried over 10 days from last year then Covid hit and keyworker children... was even on standby for the bank holidays.
Managed to get 2 weeks in the summer and a couple of days in the October half term.

But apart from that everything else was cancelled. problem now is all the contractors that were delayed in the first lockdown i'm now having to catch up on.

I don't even want to know how much holidays I have left but i know for definite I need a break -Sleepy.png-
Make sure you get a break in! Especially if you have a lot of leave left. -Happy.png-
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 08 10:19

Cliff_Promise wrote: Fri, 8th Jan 2021, 7:16am Make sure you get a break in! Especially if you have a lot of leave left. -Happy.png-
I'm trying but they are already talking about contractors for Feb. 1/2 term but I will put my foot down on that one.. -Thumb_up-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
mark
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 11 13:54

Most local authorities start at 26 days then after 5 years service increase by 5 to 31 days not including bank hols. but can always check with the LA what there policies are. -Like.png-
Mr H
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 11 14:06

Providing there aren't contractors in on the holidays, I'm able to take time off. If no works happening at all, I'll just do the minimum 2 days per holiday that the cleaners have to do. Definitely a perk of a small (ish) primary school.
Tom 1964
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 11 22:25

Only been in the job for 2+ years but started on 25 plus the 8 bank holidays. Carried days over every year since ( 3 to be carried over this year).

You will laugh at this though, cleaning staff with the same allowance demanding I open up In the Feb half term because they have used their allowance and want to work.

-Gobsmacked.png-
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 12 06:32

How have you not sorted that situation yet?

It's absolutely their right to expect the school to be open if they're expected to be at school working.
NEITTech
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 12 08:13

Nail wrote: Fri, 12th Feb 2021, 6:32am How have you not sorted that situation yet?

It's absolutely their right to expect the school to be open if they're expected to be at school working.
And it's absolutely his right to expect to not have to open school when he has taken holidays. Sounds like the school needs another keyholder or 2!
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 12 11:24

NEITTech wrote: Fri, 12th Feb 2021, 8:13am And it's absolutely his right to expect to not have to open school when he has taken holidays. Sounds like the school needs another keyholder or 2!
Very true on both counts but not the cleaners fault.