well I did it union is in

Chat about Unions, Contracts, Terms and Conditions, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

LUFC
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 04:05

Re: well I did it union is in

Sorry to read some more similar tales on here. You really can't buy self awareness these days can you.

Not many people are aware of their surroundings or the people around them these days. We really do live in a "me, me, me" society.

Hope anyone who's going through some tough times gets through it. Keep fighting -Happy.png-
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 06:57

Im not sure what it is with a few BM's , when you consider how many schools there are, that they feel the need to micro manage the caretakers below them and don't allow them to get on with the job they the 99.9% of the time do very effectively. The first time they see us with a cuppa in our hands they think we are lazy.
One of the flaws of our jobs is that a lot of work goes on when nobody is here and no-one sees it. so when they come in and we have already put in 3hrs and have a drink its their first vision of us in the day.
I do also think that we suffer for the fact we are only every as good as the last job we did for someone and the next time we have to say "no", because of valid reasons, all the other times we have gone well and above the call of duty is forgotten. Plus i don't think they some people have a realistic thought to how long some jobs take to too and that we have to fit extra tasks around your daily routine. Just recently its been asked why a job has taken longer the the person who asked me todo it thought, I just offered the tools to them and said " here you go''.
The other one is "my husband is a builder" and that looks easy to me. yes your husband might be a builder but you're not.
On the plus side I'm lucky and do love the job and 90% of the time love where i work, and get good support. I do sympathies with your current problems and like everyone else said here, keep that record.
cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 17:06

In school I see it this way, Head, Deputy and me. They look after the teaching side and I deal with keeping the building workable (no money so that's about all you can hope for) for them to teach in. Therefore I see myself as number 3. I am fortunate that I have a very nice staff who never (read hardly ever) give me any bother. I have often thought of leaving and doing something else or at least finding a school with money but its better the devil you know in my case. I've been here 18.5 years and most of it has been happy. That said I wouldn't put up with any old nonsense from anyone especially as now I'm pensionable age if they were to sack me then it would focus me on retiring, I win they lose.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
scrubadub
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 21 11:48

Something similar happened to me when another CT from another school in the trust started to backstab. When a cleaner left and I was told to do his job on top of mine with no extra hours this was the last straw. I told the BM that I would give up CT and just be the cleaner as I've had enough of the back stabbing. The BM then came back to me and offered me the role of Keyholder on top of cleaning and the pay was not much less than I got as CT so went for it. They found a new CT. Gradually as I got to know and talk to the CT I found out he's best mates with the other CT back stabbing me and they phoned him offering him my job! Still new job suits me and I am busy refusing to do any CT jobs when he's on sick (which happens often). I am enjoying watching the BM and backstabbing CT running around trying to cover his jobs -Happy.png-
Lift your face to the sun, then the shadows will fall behind you.
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 23 17:34

well its now in the hands of the governors they are old school, The head said he has had a word with the biz manager refused to apologize dune nothing wrong . Nothing changed this morning but the head is not to be trusted one of them that will tell you what you want hear at the time but forget it the min his back is turned. probably said the same to the biz manager