Are you still attending work?

Chat about Unions, Contracts, Terms and Conditions, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 10 12:15

Are you still attending work?

At our school we still have keyworker and vulnerable students attending (about 12), so are still open full time with all facilities and cleaning staff still attending and conducting both a full shift pattern and additional projects and duties. The vase majority of others working from home.

Are you all still attending work full time?
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 10 19:32

Re: Are you still attending work?

Yes, still working full-time.
Eastcaretaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 10 21:04

Have not stopped working since March when it started still doing a frontline job best I can in these curcumstances
Hedgehog
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 10 22:09

Still in full time, covering 2 sites (primary and secondary).
Obelix27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 07:08

I have been in as normal all through the first lockdown last March and again now. Like all other schools, we are open for key workers children and vulnerable children...Have noticed a big difference this time around in numbers. Last March we started off with a very small number of pupils, sometimes just one a day. Over the months this gradually increased and by the time lockdown finished, we had approx 20 children. This time around we have started off with approx 30 children and more due to start this week.
Drillbit
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 08:11

We have slightly changed shift patterns. I finish 30 earlier and the assistant is working 0930 - 1600 instead of 1130 - 1800.

We have two buildings and one of us is in one building and another in the other. One building has no children in it and is effectively closed, while the other has 3 bubbles. Why we both are in I don't know, I suggest that we should work a week on and a week off as we are only open the key workers so we don't need to be in together. But hey, they want us both in.
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 09:22

Just in on a morning to do the usual jobs. I will also attend any contractor work. Really lucky.
craigus
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 09:39

Yes. Still at work here. -Cry.png-
FORTITUDINE VINCIMUS
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 09:56

Nothing has changed much for me other than having to now clean toilets before lunch (which is a complete waste of time) first lockdown our academy closed 6 of our 9 school and spread the key worker kids from those to the 3 of us that stayed open, even with that I think we rarely had more than 40 kids here, now we only have our own kids here but most classes have 10 to 15 kids so we are at almost 50% capacity.
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 09:58

was furloughed during last national lockdown, but in now during this one
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
Carlosdejackal
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 10:38

-Neutral.png- Yes still in, however with a more strict regime that's being threatened by the government this morning who knows?? we shall wait and see what our leaders say.
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 11:29

In as normal, a lot quieter around the site as staff are arriving later and going earlier. Got a lot more kids in today compared to last week.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 13:27

Am in. About 90/400 kids in so not very quiet but definitely quieter!!
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 15:26

I'm in despite being told I would be put onto a rota. Yet to happen. I don't expect to not be here, but don't tell me you're going to do something and then don't do it!!

Very little I can do around the site as I'm not going into rooms unless absolutely necessary whilst children are here, as I have a 5 week old and aren't taking any risks because nobody knows how this thing is spread and what it could do.

Therefore I've taken the decision today to redecorate my office. Probably hasn't seen any paint for about 20 years, and was a former cloakroom. Have 2 metal cupboards that take up one wall so not even going to bother moving them as it would mean emptying them to move them back. Started removing old boards today, and realised why they were put up - lot's of filling and making good to be done!! Trip to the DIY place tomorrow to get some bits (that will kill a few hours) and will make a proper start of that either later tomorrow or Wednesday.

Other than that, in at normal time, open up, check stocks, hoover offices, let kids in, potter about, break, then clean from about 2, leave about 4-430 (so a bit earlier).

Have all 3 cleaners in, and as we're only using a few rooms, have split everything so they're doing 2 areas each, clean and finish.
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 17:53

March lockdown 30 kids in worked 1 week in 2 weeks off. Managed to get 6 classrooms and 2 corridors painted. Now working as normal with 250 kids in out 640 so all rooms in use as they are still in they class bubbles.