Are you still attending work?

Chat about Unions, Contracts, Terms and Conditions, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 21:53

Re: Are you still attending work?

Yup, still in but finally a rota system has been implemented this morning.
All teachers and TA’s are on a week in, week home system and admin including me are reduced to 2 admin alternative every week and iv been asked to do 07.00 - 09.00 / 14.30 - 17.00 but on call if needed. Can’t really complain tho jobs will build and build.
C2Csweep
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 11 22:29

Yes still in. But i do flexible hours so come and go as i please. -Like.png-
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 12 07:33

No change for me all classrooms in use staff everywhere and enough kids around the a contractor said yesterday "i thought schools were closed!"

If anything since the first lockdown in march, which was steady every day i have even more work than usual. Go figure.. -Hah.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
devotee
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 12 09:00

Too many students compare to last year March lockdown. Be safe.
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 15:31

Tends to be the theme during this third and most serious lock down, that although the main group of children are not attending and teaching staff are placed on rotas, site staff are still expected to work full time putting them and their loved ones at risk?
Derek N
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 17:30

I’m in as my normal hours which I hate at moment most of the staff are staying right up to 6pm which is the time I leave so I’m chasing them out. We have between 40/50 kids in so we are only using 5 rooms including the reception class and Nursery.
Next week we have contractors on site installing new plug sockets for the new laptops cabinets we have bought. So will have to move the bubbles of kids to rooms that aren’t having the work done which is at front of school so will be a lot better hopefully.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 07:13

Been asked to take a day off a week. I'm happy to tick along with starting slightly later, 30 mins, and finishing early- 1715 (school must shut then as per head). I might take two mornings off as it is beneficial for me to be in when the cleaners are in, again we have reduced their hours and starting earlier- but have one who thinks she can go when she likes so need to reign her in.
I can access emails/phone at home.
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 07:56

In full time first time round but she only wants me in mornings now & Head, Deputy & BM take it in turn to lock up.
Is it that TIME already
Chester
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 08:29

Eastcaretaker wrote: Sun, 10th Jan 2021, 9:04pm Have not stopped working since March when it started still doing a frontline job best I can in these curcumstances
Same here, currently have 120 children in and 20 staff so half of the classrooms being used as we are keeping to a strict 15 per class.
Hunni40
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 11:39

I have been in all through this pandemic, normal hours as well. On this lockdown we do seem to have a lot more children in than the first. The cleaners are in as normal, and like some of you, I am chasing teachers out at gone 6pm. I'm covering 2 sites as well on my own, they don't seem to realise that they need to be gone by 5.30pm at the latest so that I can, for once lock up both sites and finish on time -Shock.png- I'm also cleaning all the toilets at lunch time as the cleaner who was asked said no, they wouldn't come in. -Disappointment.png-
Mark 21
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 12:46

Hi, I work part time across three schools but have changed my working hours,( up until half term) to reduce the contact with children and teachers. Social distancing doesn't seem to be a priority and I just thought enough us enough. Luckily both Head's were totally fine!