A narcissistic headteacher

Post jobs you have seen and chat about Contracts, T&C's, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

paulsso1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 20 08:44

A narcissistic headteacher

I am a caretaker of 15 year odd years and on my 3rd headteacher.
I am having Headteacher problems during this lockdown and previous lockdowns, he is a narcissist and slates anyone who stands up to to him or questioned the rights of staff.
The Head does not like writing anything down as then not being accountable and one of the things he should of done was a P.E Risk Assessment, subsequently children had walked through the school to the hall and played dodgeball without an assessment of any kind, the teachers didn't open any doors or windows and left the sliding doors to the dining room open where 60 odd bags of food parcels waiting to be picked up were situated.
Possible community outbreak!

I asked the teacher who was with the children leaving the hall one of the children was even bouncing a dodgeball on the carpet outside the hall they were not observing distancing so I said where is the RA for P.E? she replied she didn't have one.
I asked the head and was told we didn't need one and I walked away later that day I found out that PE was started the moment I left the site at the end of my first shift, I spoke to my line manager and said I was going home as I felt unwell due to my back pain, and contacted the unison, I emailed the head of my concern and cc'ed in the unison rep.

I received two phone calls saying that the head had kicked off going into a rage and shouting at the business manger swearing about me and other staff and threatening that I will never hear the last of it and I am done for etc etc.
Some staff were close to tears on the call, I said get in touch with your union straightaway.

The head was heard kicking and screaming where the refuse bins were located!

This was repeated the following day and was heard by staff entering the school saying why did he (Me) go to the union?, he's responsible for health and safety! (I assist in the ones I have always done, water temp etc) I am not responsible for the school covid Risk assessment.
This was seen and heard by other staff members and I reported this to my union.

He has called me his --- censored word --- and is generally a bully to others and the school have had numerous staff off and now the deputy off with stress and has had blazing rows with other members of staff and slated staff members off to others.

The headteacher has came from the Worcestershire education area in January 2020 and was hoping that someone might think this person sounds familiar!
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 20 09:03

Re: A narcissistic headteacher

Sounds like someone i know of. But i am not willing to go any further with that as i do not know him 1st hand. Site manager who it sounds like would know him is not on this site but i will talk to him.
If he is doing what he is then you need to write an official complaint backed up by any witnesses and keep your union firmly in the picture. Do not get into a slanging match with him and say anything you could regret. Ask for a member of staff or a union rep to be present if he asks you to attend any kind of meeting. you must protect yourself, they are clever at twisting things.
"Can you just?....."
paulsso1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 20 09:11

Sharky wrote: Wed, 20th Jan 2021, 9:03am Sounds like someone i know of. But i am not willing to go any further with that as i do not know him 1st hand. Site manager who it sounds like would know him is not on this site but i will talk to him.
If he is doing what he is then you need to write an official complaint backed up by any witnesses and keep your union firmly in the picture. Do not get into a slanging match with him and say anything you could regret. Ask for a member of staff or a union rep to be present if he asks you to attend any kind of meeting. you must protect yourself, they are clever at twisting things.
Thank you, yes I know when I return I will have to record everything, at the minute unison have got the HR involved and seven staff have spoken with their unions, I am wondering if unions talk to build a bigger picture?
Hopefully this man has a track record that he wouldn't want people knowing.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 20 10:00

Now there is me thinking the old Victorian head teachers were extinct, SILLY ME. -Crazy.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 20 12:09

I think you know what to do but as Sharky has said, be very careful not to give ammunition to him, walk away from any confrontation if necessary.

Going on that note make sure there is nothing publicly viewable on this site it has been known for heads to stalk this site to gather information on what their employees might say.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-