Lettings and pay

Post jobs you have seen and chat about Contracts, T&C's, Pay, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Zoltar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 10:44

Lettings and pay

Just wondering what the going rate is for a weekend letting. I get a flat £10 an hour (lower then my normal hourly rate). Also, are your lettings deductable as I get deducted for my pension on both my wage and letting, so I earn less the more I do
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 10:58

Re: Lettings and pay

Does the lettings feature in your contract?

In a previous school we got paid time and a half for lettings and any additional hours worked.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 10:59

Think it is likely to be down to local agreements these days. Check with your union rep.
Zoltar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 11:00

It states occasional weekends but at the moment, it is every weekend. I'm going to be earning hardly anything extra after deductions
Zoltar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 11:01

Not with a union as never really found the need. Is it worth signing up?
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 11:23

I think that anyone working in a school these days needs to be in a union.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 11:30

kennyd131 wrote: Wed, 17th Mar 2021, 11:01am Not with a union as never really found the need. Is it worth signing up?
Most definitely, for a whole bunch of reasons, but mainly because they are your only source of help should an accusation be made against you.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 13:30

When I first started working for school that was part of LEA my letting rate before 8pm was less than my hourly rate. After 8pm it was 50p an hour more than my hourly rate.
When this let stopped ,with the help of the business manager I wouldn't do any more let's.
When we became part of an academy we had a couple of weekly regular let's & I got time & half for that.
But we wouldn't take on weekend let's.

Seperatley I had mentioned this on posts before the forum migration .
If you work for a LEA school & had to do evening let's.
You could claim an additional payment of over £8 to pay for an evening meal.
This could only be claimed if you didn't live on site & didn't work a regular shift that the lettings were part of.
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 14:19

A few years ago I was getting about £12 an hour for lettings on Saturdays and £14 an hour for Sundays. There was an option for TOIL as an alternative but that was stopped.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 17 16:00

Time and half for mon - sat lets, double on sundays. extra 10% after 9pm
All gets taxe, NI and pension taken
It really depends on what your contract states.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!
Schoolbutler
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 10 09:10

Never done lettings ,we did have a football team using pitch on a Saturday but it lasted about 3 months has it was not worth all the hassle we got.The temporary SLT did receive a request to rent hall out 2 nights a week and in fairness asked me would I be interested in coming back to lock up at 8 pm on Tues /Thurs evening and they would give me a hour overtime for both days .I said no and so they refused the request ,I just didn't think the hour was worth it has I finish at 5.30 pm
SB
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 10 11:07

Being a keyholder is different from being on call.

As a keyholder, you (along with others hopefully) will be called if an alarm goes off, or similar. If you do not answer or attend, it goes to the next person on the list. Downside is, if they can't get anyone they could end up coming back to you. If you can't attend, then you don't. You should be paid for the inconvenience or given TOIL depending on what your agreement is with your school. As an example, I'm paid a minimum of 2 hours regardless of how long I'm on site, and then additional rates after that (can't remember off the top of my head- think it's time and a half, unless it's unsocial hours). I claim from the time I walk out the door, until the time I get home - that's how it works for my place.

If you're on call, you are expected to answer and respond if called. You should be paid for the time that you are "on call" regardless if you're called or not. If you are a one man band and are the only person expected to attend, you can't be on call all the time as you would have no life outside of work. For this to work you would need a few people to be on call on a rota.

In a small primary, I very much doubt that many/any of us would be "on call".
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 12 10:28

After single status here all overtime and lettings are flat rate during the week. weekends is +33%
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 12 10:57

beagle wrote: Mon, 12th Apr 2021, 10:28am After single status here all overtime and lettings are flat rate during the week. weekends is +33%
Same here -Disappointment.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-