This is the board for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Skoolkeeper
Assistant Site Manager
Assistant Site Manager
Dec 2018 26 13:25

Well, at the in-laws for ---- The word only permitted in December ---, father -in -law who's 88 and suffers with depression and chest problems was taken ill this morning, but being old and dislikes hospitals wanted a doctor to do a home visit, well on a normal day that's very unlikely, but Boxing Day ! So I rang the local surgery and to no avail, even the mobile did not answer, so I then used the 111 service! Well not to keen on this through past experiences, so apart from 999 this 111 service was my only option as it was not a emergency! My call was picked up after 20 minutes on hold and then the questions and examinations began! Once all this had been carried out, the lady on the other end said they were sending a paramedic out, well within 10 minutes a full blown ambulance turned up! Luckily no blues and twos, these two paramedics were so professional and spent a good time examining and reassuring my father in law, nothing was to much trouble, So what I would like to say is, well done 111 and a big thank you to the east Anglian ambulance service, makes my n.i contributions well worth it. Just thought it was well worth a mention on here with all the doom and gloom around.

Drone
Site Manager
Site Manager
Dec 2018 26 16:35

Re: 111

Hope the old fella makes a full & speedy recovery. Hats off to all in the NHS who have worked over the holiday.

Skoolkeeper
Assistant Site Manager
Assistant Site Manager
Dec 2018 26 16:48

Drone wrote:
Wed, 26th Dec 2018, 4:35pm
Hope the old fella makes a full & speedy recovery. Hats off to all in the NHS who have worked over the holiday.
Thanks Drone, he has just had some dinner.

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Dec 2018 26 17:35

My son has just rung me to say he has called 111, he has doing a panto for the past 3 weeks as well as his normal work (I think he's been over doing it with 15+ hour days). He has had diarrhoea for the past 5 days and is unable to put up with the pain anymore. He has taken imodium and that has made him feel worse. I told him not to go in when he left, but the show must go on in his mind. He's not on stage but he is one of the stage crew doing the scene changes and lights etc 2 shows a day.
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional