Do you live on-site or have a tied house?

This is the board for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

ash70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 09:15

Re: Do you live on-site or have a tied house?

im on £21k and pay 9% of my salary
my life is like a game of tetris i never get the block i want
ronnierhino
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 09:24

Hi Guys
I live in a school house in Leeds small 2 bed off site and did the job for 28 years the rent school paid it about £250 per month in 2018 I had had enough of the job it wasn’t the same job I started with a lot has changed my wife and I bought our own house in neighbouring Castleford 3 bed Dorma Bungalow with my skills I had learned over the years as a caretaker I managed to get a job as a Maintenance Guy in a local Care Home which was 10 minutes from home as has been mentioned before my wife is the main breadwinner I am 52 and thought I would not get another job cos of my age but I did and life is a lot different now than living and working in school.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 14:59

I am on site and pay just over £250 a month which is for the rent and water. Local commercial rent is very high so it is pretty good.
cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 15:22

I'm in Essex and have a 3 bedroom semi just outside the school gates. I pay £84 a month and have done so for 18 years. They tried to put the rent up by £20 once and I politely told them that for them £20 was a spit in the ocean but for me it was a £20 pay cut and if they insisted on making me pay the extra I would be straight out the door. I never heard any more about it.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.