Cool cars you’ve owned or nearly owned!

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 15:52

Re: Cool cars you’ve owned or nearly owned!

I'd say it's a toss up between my first car, a 1968 Mustang 289 auto trans. in turquise blue and a rag top. Then there was my 1973 Ford F150 she was a good work horse and loaded with many add ons. I dropped a 350 in her and she would run like the wind.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 17:44

In the early 80's I sold a motorcycle through the newspaper small ads and the following week I went to check out a car ( can't remember what it was now) which turned out to be owned by the guy who bought my bike. The following week I made a mad dash to check out a car advertised in the local paper ( pretty limited outlets for advertising pre internet) and got beaten to it by the same bloke! It was a 69 Chevy Camaro with a 396 and a Hurst on the floor. That will mean nothing unless you are a fan of Bruce Springsteen! If memory serves me right it was being advertised for £150!
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 18:36

My first car was an ex post office morris minor van with drop bar security latch on back door. Could start the car from flat battery with engine crank in coldest of weather, just pulled the choke all the way out and after four or five cranks it would start, brilliant car.
Garaged it for whole summer whilst away in Lowestoft but south coast rusted it to hell by the time I got back, should've washed and waxed before I left, duh!
Sold it to scrap dealer for £15 in 1976 because I was out of cash and needed to pay the rent (3 weeks worth in those days)

Not the same one but very similar when I sold it.

52696022_2363066337071087_8220951688152875008_n-1024x750.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower