Queen of the Nürburgring

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 05 10:48

Queen of the Nürburgring

I along with many other I’m sure petrol heads was saddened to hear of the sad passing of Sabine Schmitz a few weeks back.

I heard it first on the radio and thought oh no maybe a high-speed crash but of course I was wrong, 51 is far too young to suffer that kind of demise.

She as you probably know found TV fame on Top Gear many years ago as a highly talented and fearless racing driver, competing and winning many trophies prior to her TV appearance.
The Top Gear video of her overtaking motorcycles on a corner at 100 plus mph in a Transit on the Nürburgring is pure magic -Like.png-

A Top Gear tribute will be aired on BBC1 this Wednesday at 7:30pm

R.I.P Sabine...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 06 08:32

Re: Queen of the Nürburgring

I was very sad to hear this but i know a while ago she was battling cancer and as a result dropped back from appearances on TV and Top gear.

Very sad loss and yes the transit footage is the very proof that you don't need a million pound machine to have fun on a race circuit.

She will be missed.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 2021 06 14:55

Re: Queen of the Nürburgring

Just watched it on iPlayer, a very good tribute to a superb driver. Think everyone she worked with was featured and had nice things to say about their time with her. With one exception. Chris Evans, what? Why not, does he think is too big to take part? Shame.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.