Flying Scotsman

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 23 15:50

Flying Scotsman

We here in Lincolnshire have the Flying Scotsman visiting us on route to Skegness and will pass through my little town of Wainfleet around 12 noon, i have not seen this iconic steam train in many a year so will be there to wave it through on its route to Skegness from Kings Cross London. -Like.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2021 23 18:05

Re: Flying Scotsman

I hope you managed to see it and got some photos to share... -Success.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 24 09:25

drat!
i'll be in Newcastle when it passes through Boston tomorrow
http://www.knightsofskirbeck.co.uk Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 25 14:10

Well that was a bit disappointing, when the Flying Scotsman arrived it was not at the front it was being towed from behind so my pictures were awful, i found a prime location to shoot her as she came around a slight bend from the station and should have been head on toward me, apparently the diesel loco towed her here and the Flying Scotsman will tow the diesel back under steam. -Disappointment.png-
IMG_0733 (2).JPG
IMG_0735 (2).JPG
IMG_0736.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2021 25 15:14

EBJ wrote: Sat, 25th Sep 2021, 2:10pm Well that was a bit disappointing, when the Flying Scotsman arrived it was not at the front it was being towed from behind so my pictures were awful, i found a prime location to shoot her as she came around a slight bend from the station and should have been head on toward me, apparently the diesel loco towed her here and the Flying Scotsman will tow the diesel back under steam. -Disappointment.png-

IMG_0733 (2).JPG

IMG_0735 (2).JPG

IMG_0736.JPG
It's always the way... always happens to me. Last steam train I tried to snap decided at the last minute to take a different route. Thanks for taking the time to take those snaps. Still gives you a nice homely feel seeing a steam train. I've been watching my converted .mp4 VHS rips of steam trains in the 50's & 60's this morning. I wish life was as idyllic as it looked in those films. Countryside where there are now housing estates, 1950's cars on empty country roads, level crossing gates opened and closed by hand... ah -Big grin.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)