EVHS ends in April 2022

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 24 18:46

EVHS ends in April 2022

Homeowners to pay £350-700 more for an electric car charging point from April 2022

Two days after the UK government announced that all new homes built in England will be required to have electric vehicle (EV) charging points installed from 2022, it has been announced the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grant will not be open to many homeowners in the UK from April 2022.

The changes mean those who live in single-unit properties (such as bungalows and detached, semi-detached or terraced housing) will no longer benefit from having up to 75% (to a maximum of £350) removed from the price of having a domestic charge point (wall charging unit) installed.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/11/ho ... pril-2022/

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 25 10:52

Re: EVHS ends in April 2022

I could have got an almost free EVSE charger installed 5 years ago, just needed to pay for some extra cabling and an isolating switch. Sadly the landlord said no, mainly because a new consumer unit was required plus upgrading of the supply fuse by the DNO.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-