Fuel prices and inflation

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 20 08:32

Re: Fuel prices and inflation

We've been told paper prices are set to double so we've ordered 3 extra pallets of photo copier paper, just got to find somewhere to store it now [Scared.png]
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 20 08:45

That in a nutshell explains the complete lack of forward thinking that the political system in this country creates.

So to summarise we have cheap gas now which we export to Europe as quickly as possible, when there is greater demand in this country we import it back from Europe through the very same pipelines because the Europeans can store it. If we stored it ourselves we could exploit cheaper gas by saving it ourselves for times of greater demand.....
Bonkers..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 20 08:48

UnderPaid wrote: Fri, 20th May 2022, 8:32am We've been told paper prices are set to double so we've ordered 3 extra pallets of photo copier paper, just got to find somewhere to store it now [Scared.png]
Just found out this as we placed an order... the price per box has doubled... we cannot store enough paper so have to buy at the prices at the time.
We use vast quantities of copy paper here so it might be time for change...
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Sitesupervisor
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 20 17:27

thecaretaker wrote: Wed, 18th May 2022, 8:37am The average price of diesel at Britain's pumps has risen above £1.80-a-litre for the first time on record and is set to keep climbing closer to £2. Petrol isn't far behind at £1.68.

Both the AA and RAC have warned drivers to brace themselves for further rises over the coming weeks, with the cost of fuel set to add more strain on finances and pile more pressure on families struggling in the cost of living crisis.

Inflation hit 9% in April, the highest it has been in 40 years. Watching the television news this morning, neither the Conservatives (who don't seem to appreciate how difficult it is for people) or Labour (who don't have any concrete plans apart from the one-off windfall tax) have any ideas, so things can only get worse.

It looks like we are all in for a rough ride in the next 12 months or more [Cry.png]

All that said if you work a split shift, as many of us do. That means its cost you a lot to go back forward to work each day,{Twice as much}
so I think anyone who is having a bad time financially now, needs to talk to the headteacher about doing a day shift,

I'm glad I changed jobs about 4 months ago for a job that just days and 1 spilt shift Fridays. before the job change, it cost me about £60 quid a week to be on spilt shift 40 miles a day. 5 days a week.

Also, will your H/T be ok over summer doing a day shift,I know some schools still want their site supervisor /managers doing splits?
Going to TUF on everyone.
Instagram; keithcaretaker