E-Bikes Helping Ukrainians Stop Russian Invaders

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2022 21 21:54

E-Bikes Helping Ukrainians Stop Russian Invaders

Unlike traditional motorbikes, an e-bike makes no noise allowing Ukrainian troops to move about stealthily without giving away their location to the Russians. The Ukrainians have modified the motorcycles to carry NLAW rockets, or Next Generation Light Anti-Armour Weapons, to improve their fighting capability.
https://insideevs.com/news/587003/elect ... ed-forces

high-power-e-bikes-are-helping-ukrainians-stop-russian-invaders.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 22 12:46

Re: E-Bikes Helping Ukrainians Stop Russian Invaders

Makes sense to me CT, todays soldier fights a different type of war then i trained for and equipment used in the Falklands conflict, drones for example are doing a tremendous amount of damage to the Russians transport especially their "T" tanks as they now know the ammo is stored under the turret and hand fed to the turret for loading and firing so they always hit them under the turret and you will see video's of turrets flying meters into the air as the ammo is hit.

An awful lot of modern weaponry is proving it's worth in this war and a lot of countries supplying it are very interested to see how they perform under real battle conditions, i am amazed at how Russia is fighting this war with no regard to the men who are fighting it and the men themselves are just blindly following stupid orders and ending up meat for the grinders. They keep sending commanders to the front line to try and get better results pushing forward but they are being picked off at an alarming rate, they also picked the wrong time of year to invade and are getting bogged down in fields so using normal roads in a close convoy which is rich pickings for the Ukrainian's.

It is going to be a long and deadly war for both side but especially Russia as i beleive they have lost more personel and equipment than they say they have. [Scared.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 09:55

I am guessing that the US, Brits, French, Germans and Turkish military officials are all secretly glad they have an arena to test these weapons they are supplying
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 10:07

Gazza wrote: Mon, 23rd May 2022, 9:55am I am guessing that the US, Brits, French, Germans and Turkish military officials are all secretly glad they have an arena to test these weapons they are supplying
Also to gauge how potent (or not) the Russian army is... [zip.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
May 2022 23 10:38

Rather handy to be able to test them against the Russians without risking the lives of their own personnel. In addition to the fact that the war is a useful distraction from domestic issues and rampant inflation can all be blamed on the 'Putin Price Hike'. The gift that keeps on giving for some, not for the poor people actually fighting and dying though.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 10:42

They are way ahead of us for electric charge points then [Big grin.png]
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 15:01

Apparently Russia has lost more personnel in this war than they did in the 9 years they fought Hitler. [Shock.png]

Russia's loses to date
russian losses.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2022 23 18:55

twiglets wrote: Mon, 23rd May 2022, 10:42am They are way ahead of us for electric charge points then [Big grin.png]
Every 13amp socket can be used as a charger for an e-bike. [Big grin.png]

EBJ wrote: Mon, 23rd May 2022, 3:01pm Apparently Russia has lost more personnel in this war than they did in the 9 years they fought Hitler. [Shock.png]

Russia's loses to date
I heard that on the news. Absolutely amazing fact. Considering Putin has made it illegal to call it a war and stifle free speech in his own country, it must be worse living under Putin than it was when the country was run by the communist party. I actually feel for the Russian people who have to live with a mad man in charge.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
May 2022 23 21:37

I think Russian losses are greater than their entire decade long war against Afghanistan, surely their losses against Hitler were 25+ million, still shocking though.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2022 23 22:20

Handyman wrote: Mon, 23rd May 2022, 9:37pm I think Russian losses are greater than their entire decade long war against Afghanistan, surely their losses against Hitler were 25+ million, still shocking though.
I think you are right... It was the Afghanistan war

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)