Electric

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
May 2024 02 17:06

Electric

I have joined the ev ranks, well hybrid any way, Kia Niro (not new, 2020) picking up tomorrow 😄
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2024 02 20:49

Re: Electric

Happy days bud.

I drive an electric at work. Lovely to drive, but the range is shocking.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 03 00:50

Welcome to the Kia Niro club. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. You are in good company.

20210608_200359.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 03 08:52

Enjoy your new (to you) Kia Niro, you’ll soon be playing the “how far can I drive without the engine starting up” game [Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
May 2024 03 12:59

This has got to be the most stressful purchase I have ever made, Building Society won`t transfer cash, only to any account in my (our) name, so transfers to bank, bank gives the third degree (3/4 of an hour) Photo identification, Questions galo about who, why and every thing under the sun, eventually done, oh, did I mention the ÂŁ17 fee? [Angry.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 04 09:51

inspector wrote: ↑3rd May 2024 at 12:59pm This has got to be the most stressful purchase I have ever made,
Yes, banks can be a pain and I’ve suffered similar hurdles transferring money from my bank account.
More importantly how is your new Kia?
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
May 2024 04 13:49

The car is great, I have to be a little heavier on the throttle than I am used to., I was ages trying to sort charging in Tesco`s, when I eventually sorted the app, it was the card that threw a curved ball, the one-time verification, but that email is not on my phone, so had to do it when I got back home, things were a bit nailbiting, firs , I could not disconnect from the charger, then I was unable to unplug from the car, getting in a bit of a sweat by now, the guy on the next charger was helping me and, for a few minutes he was having difficulties, but `we` got there in the end, a good thing came out though, the first 15 minutes are free, so I had quite a few 15 minutes and ended up with a full charge.

The instruction manuals on cars are unbelievable, need a small library to keep them, and a few PhD`s to understand them. (will get there in the end though)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 15:52

inspector wrote: ↑4th May 2024 at 1:49pm The car is great, I have to be a little heavier on the throttle than I am used to., I was ages trying to sort charging in Tesco`s, when I eventually sorted the app, it was the card that threw a curved ball, the one-time verification, but that email is not on my phone, so had to do it when I got back home, things were a bit nailbiting, firs , I could not disconnect from the charger, then I was unable to unplug from the car, getting in a bit of a sweat by now, the guy on the next charger was helping me and, for a few minutes he was having difficulties, but `we` got there in the end, a good thing came out though, the first 15 minutes are free, so I had quite a few 15 minutes and ended up with a full charge.

The instruction manuals on cars are unbelievable, need a small library to keep them, and a few PhD`s to understand them. (will get there in the end though)
Why oh why is it not possible to just pay by credit debit card at the charger machine?

Oh yes DATA farming of course... [Angry.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 08 07:47

Vera wrote: ↑7th May 2024 at 3:52pm Why oh why is it not possible to just pay by credit debit card at the charger machine?
I have 4 RFID cards, plus the same number of apps to enable me to charge my car in all situations as I have no home charging. And I agree data farming plays a big part in the grand scheme of things. But since 2022 all newly installed public charge points must be credit/debit card activated. However, as a carrot the energy is somewhat cheaper if you are a member of the energy supplier and register an app or apply for an RFID card, rather than the casual tap and go with a credit/debit card.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2024 08 07:50

Vera wrote: ↑7th May 2024 at 3:52pm Why oh why is it not possible to just pay by credit debit card at the charger machine?

Oh yes DATA farming of course... [Angry.png]
Which is the whole point of electric cars.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.