Your favorite Embarrassing song

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Sep 2021 23 07:45

Your favorite Embarrassing song

Alright brothers and sisters, here I go again.
We all have at least one song we are embarresed to admit.
Mine is Peter, Paul and Mary. -Scared.png- No, not Puff, the Magic Dragon but......

What's yours?
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2021 23 09:00

Re: Your favorite Embarrassing song

Mine was Puppy Love. I bought the single thinking it was sung by a women after hearing it on the radio.

I then found out it was sung by Donny Osmond - a boy. As a lad, it was hard to face my fellow boys (tough all boys school) who asked what record did I buy last weekend.

And finally, I bought Judge Dread Big 6. Took the single home and played it. My dad marched me back to the shop and asked why they had sold such filth to my son. The embarrassing bit was the shop owners son was in my class at school and I got the micky taken out of me as daddy made me take it back.

If you have never heard of this song... well you did ask... Spoiler Alert... Contains nuts! -Shock.png-

I don't think they played this on TOTP's

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 23 09:24

skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 23 09:35

http://www.knightsofskirbeck.co.uk Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Proud to be retired
Sep 2021 23 10:59

Back in 1973 the band I played with signed up to a booking agent to get more bookings, notice I say bookings rather than gigs as it was early days back then and we were not aware of “gigs”. The agent would book us into The Gobi Desert Canoe Club if we could get there just for his commission. A compromise for us was the Midlands Working Man’s Club Circuit, we were all London based so it was still a trek for us.

We would all take the Friday off work hire a van and travel up during the day, we’d play the Friday night booking stay in a “B&B” that was usually a caravan in a field, we had to keep the expenses low. We would play the Saturday night booking the Sunday dinnertime and Sunday night bookings then drive back to London in the early hours. I would turn up for work on the Monday morning feeling and looking I would imagine like a Zombie.
Yes, I know “Your Favourite Embarrassing Song” I’m getting there I promise -Big grin.png-

At every one of those bookings the most requested song was: Tie a Yellow Ribbon by Dawn, we would get it requested several times a night.

I can assure you it was not cool for us to stand up on stage and play such (we thought) commercial rubbish multiple times a night.

Btw, the booking agent never turned up with our money as he usually did one Sunday night, he completely disappeared into thin air, stupidly we only had a contact telephone number and a first name. The police laughed at us for not having a signed contract, but we were young innocent and just learning about the business.

Also, after paying for the hired van, the petrol food and drinks plus the caravan we were always out of pocket, it was however good fun and I have many good and happy memories from back then.

Not another yellow ribbon…
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 23 12:45

This is my 'pick me up song' I know its a bit cheesy.

Live it up by Mental as anything
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 23 13:19

Coming from the west country it's got to be this..

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Sep 2021 23 13:51

UnderPaid wrote: Thu, 23rd Sep 2021, 1:19pm Coming from the west country it's got to be this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc
Being a moonraker this pleases -Like.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Sep 2021 23 18:24

UnderPaid wrote: Thu, 23rd Sep 2021, 1:19pm Coming from the west country it's got to be this..
Back in the early 70's we had a friend who's family went to England for a vacation. He brought back their album and we thought it was the coolest and funniest thing ever.
Now that I live here, I've never seen them. Maybe some day I will.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.