Eerily quiet

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 30 16:28

Eerily quiet

Most Caretakers are on leave around this time of year I suppose so its eerily quiet around the old homestead, my hearing is not so good but I clearly heard a pin drop earlier.
Is anybody out there out there out there. -Waving.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it… -Crazy.png-
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 30 16:43

Re: Eerily quiet

Have you been watching The Great Escape where Donald Pleasence pretends to have dropped a pin. So when one of the escape comittee comes to visit to check his eyesight he walks forward to pick up the pin.
Maybe that was what you could here -Waving.png-
He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.
George Bernard Shaw
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 30 17:01

Noticed very little bird song in my garden today. I think most of them are sheltering from the sun & getting a bit of shut eye.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 30 17:06

Drone wrote: ↑Thu, 30th Jul 2020, 5:01pm Noticed very little bird song in my garden today. I think most of them are sheltering from the sun & getting a bit of shut eye.
Still awaiting the sun to return tomorrow up north! Very few birds around currently, just pigeons and maggies.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 30 17:23

I noticed that. A month ago I couldn't keep up with the seed and mealworms, they were eating it fast than I could put out. Now, not a bird in sight. Where have they all gone?

Maybe they think Lockdown is over too... -JawDropped.png-
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jul 2020 30 20:51

I`m still around, but I am always quiet. -Waving.png- -Waving.png-
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 31 14:24

Birds at this time of year moult so cannot escape predators etc. young ones have no need to sing as all the singing is "This is mine , that is mine, stay away" breeding over, no territory to defend and having a well earned rest eating all my blackberries.All my sparrows have gone and not even my gate gaurd robin about now.He was always there over lockdown when i opened at 7.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 31 15:32

seedfut wrote: ↑Fri, 31st Jul 2020, 2:24pm Birds at this time of year moult so cannot escape predators etc. young ones have no need to sing as all the singing is "This is mine , that is mine, stay away" breeding over, no territory to defend and having a well earned rest eating all my blackberries.All my sparrows have gone and not even my gate gaurd robin about now.He was always there over lockdown when i opened at 7.
That does make me feel better. Lets hope they return before they migrate (assuming they all do). I miss the dawn chorus. -Wink.png-
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)