Unbelievable

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

ash70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 08:16

Unbelievable

we have all had those stupid requests from staff but i had a question the other day which completely stumped me. Year 6 teacher says John can we fill our water bottles from the water butt. when i said no they replied why not its only rain water and thats very clean. i walked away but the head heard the conversation she was shocked and asked me to put signage on the butts.
my life is like a game of tetris i never get the block i want
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 08:31

Re: Unbelievable

I say no signage..

It will do the nation a favour with a little application of darwinism.... -Wink.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
btrousers
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 09:22

all those years at school and university....
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 09:31

its the classic......

"I'm not saying kill all the stupid people, but remove the warning labels and let nature take care of the rest"
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 09:38

I would have pointed out that birds perched on the roof do not fly off to empty their bowels and asked her where she thinks the rain water in the butt has run off from.

I would have further pointed out that even her pupils would have made that connection, removing the need for warning signs.
londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 14:31

Oh That's nothing, I was just having a general chat with a year 4 teacher and she started saying we shouldn't listen to the main stream media which in her defense I would agree to some extent, but she started saying how she doesn't trust the vaccine and how it's not being reported on main stream that quite a lot of doctors believe that in a few years to come people will get brain damaged just from the testing because it goes so far up your nose -Scared.png-
Her Words not mine, I could barely contain myself and she is teaching the next Generation
ash70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 14:52

londonlad1939 wrote: Fri, 22nd Jan 2021, 2:31pm Oh That's nothing, I was just having a general chat with a year 4 teacher and she started saying we shouldn't listen to the main stream media which in her defense I would agree to some extent, but she started saying how she doesn't trust the vaccine and how it's not being reported on main stream that quite a lot of doctors believe that in a few years to come people will get brain damaged just from the testing because it goes so far up your nose -Scared.png-
Her Words not mine, I could barely contain myself and she is teaching the next Generation
I'm guessing she already drinks from your water butts
my life is like a game of tetris i never get the block i want
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 17:24

londonlad1939 wrote: Fri, 22nd Jan 2021, 2:31pm Oh That's nothing, I was just having a general chat with a year 4 teacher and she started saying we shouldn't listen to the main stream media which in her defense I would agree to some extent, but she started saying how she doesn't trust the vaccine and how it's not being reported on main stream that quite a lot of doctors believe that in a few years to come people will get brain damaged just from the testing because it goes so far up your nose -Scared.png-

Just say to her that on the delivery boxes it said "courtesy of the Microsoft foundation" -Big grin.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 23 13:26

You will learn in life as a caretaker that nothing surprises you any more in words or actions, stay safe and not just from the virus. -Wink.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
scrubadub
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 23 15:53

Sad to say we beat you to it. Had a sign 'this water is not drinking water' for about 10 years -Scared.png-
Lift your face to the sun, then the shadows will fall behind you.
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 24 21:28

You'd have thought the word BUTT would have been a clue as to general sterility. -Gobsmacked.png-
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 25 08:40

I have said to our head on more than once for teacher's they can be really stupid people .The problem is with a lot of them they have spent all there life in school, go to school grow up work in school. They have no sense of reality they should make them all take time out and get a real job for a couple of years. From my experience the better teacher is the one that worked a cap year doing anything other than teaching
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 25 19:13

hotwheels wrote: Mon, 25th Jan 2021, 8:40am I have said to our head on more than once for teacher's they can be really stupid people .The problem is with a lot of them they have spent all there life in school, go to school grow up work in school. They have no sense of reality they should make them all take time out and get a real job for a couple of years. From my experience the better teacher is the one that worked a cap year doing anything other than teaching
Agreed, although it can be difficult to recruit people like this to teach in the state sector these days. In my (limited) experience of private schools I have known they seem to have plenty of teachers who had spent 10-20 years in industry or the military etc. before changing career, while when I worked in a state secondary in the science department we had a lot of trainees over the years, some of whom were in their 40's/50's and had this kind of experience but very often didn't stick the course because they were surprised and struggled with all the abuse and lack of discipline from the pupils and found it didn't tally with what their idea of teaching was, especially as some had taken a significant pay cut from their previous career to make the attempt.

At the end of the day it is hard to reason with some teachers:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” Mark Twain
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 26 08:54

Over the years, I have found that those teachers who have had other careers beforehand are a lot easier to deal with. They tend to better communicators, more empathetic to you, less selfish and more appreciative for having the job and the things people do for them. I like to think that it makes them better teachers but I am not sure that it follows. It definitely makes them better people!