Stolen dogs

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 20 12:08

Stolen dogs

Stolen dog crime is on the increase throughout the UK by the low life scum as a way of making easy money without having to do anything except steel the dog or dogs including any puppies they may have, also used to bread and more alarming dog baiting.

It is well advertised on sites like Facebook to be aware yet visiting a local big supermarket there tied up outside with no one around was a small terrier dog who was oh so friendly, what is up with these people i know a dog needs a walk but in these days this is a big no, no to leave it unattended.

Ther are reports of these gangs also using white vans with a RSPCA sticker on the side and taking dogs of their handlers under the pretext that the dog looks neglected, big money is being earned from this and they will not hesitate to cut out the dogs chip, so if you own a dog please be very careful even in your own back yard, stay safe.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 21 09:00

Re: Stolen dogs

Scum Indeed. I believe there is a proposal to increase the available sentence for anyone convicted of these offences and rightly so. Many people consider their pet to be a family member and the stress these crimes cause can be immense.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Feb 2021 21 09:12

This part of Wales is a hotspot for these dog thefts. -Shock.png-
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 06:47

I'm told that the value is now higher than that of drugs!
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 09:37

Nail wrote: Mon, 22nd Feb 2021, 6:47am I'm told that the value is now higher than that of drugs!
Indeed I read the other day that some gangs that used to deal drugs have now switched to dog thefts/breeding because the money is the same or better and the penalties if they are caught are far lower (basically nothing).
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 10:31

Hopefully demand will drop once out of lock down. I know the price for a puppy has risen sharply due to the lock down. I don't own a dog, but it is horrible to think that there is little penalty for stealing them. I think people need to not advertise on social media that they have a new puppy- it only takes seconds to pin down where someone lives through using a bit of searching (location/photos of the property/who they work for etc)- many don't have their settings to private. Same goes for when people go on holiday and "advertise" their house is likely to be empty.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2021 22 11:04

And if you have a rare or pedigree puppy, they can be worth an extreme amount of money.

My dog Tintin escaped the house once and I was convinced he had been picked up by a toe rag. Thankfully, a girl up the road saw him and took him inside. She posted about the lost dog on Facebook. My son spotted the post and 2 hours later we got him back. It has made us extremely careful now. I think it shock the dog too as he won't go out of the lounge anymore unless you drag him out with his lead on.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 15:57

Having just bought a Bedlington/ Poodle cross. I am a lot more aware about leaving her anywhere. I used to leave my old Bedlingtons outside the local Safeway and grab a few bits and bobs and know they would still be there when I went back. That was 25 years ago though. I certainly wont do it now. The main reason we got a cross Bedlington was because we could not afford the £3000.00 for a full Beddie. She still cost us half that, so yes there is a lot of money to be made if you are that type of scumbag. I was watching a Border force type programme the other day and a couple from the US went to Canada for a pup. It was tattooed on its belly area. I dont know if that is a good idea or not?
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.