Storm Barra

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Dec 2021 07 07:33

Storm Barra

I put the bungie straps over the wheelie bins last night in preparation for storm Barra. But currently, it is below zero, clear and still. Maybe it is running late.

Any signs of Storm Barra in your neck of the woods yet?

Screenshot 2021-12-07 072934.png

Checking the Nulschool website, it isn't far off. The good news is there is a massive high pressure area behind it filling the Atlantic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Swatch
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 08:26

Re: Storm Barra

Nothing here so far, not even a breeze. Last nights local BBC forecast said from 1pm today we will have 5-6cm of snow above 200m and 10-15 above 500m. Well we are above 500m so expecting something later today but in any case it will make a nice change from the overnight snow we usually get. Oh and this mornings BBC forecast (8 hours later) is just for rain and light winds this afternoon [---- (The word only permitted in December) ----_angry.gif]

https://www.windy.com/?53.671,-4.614,6
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 08:32

I just hop Jay and Magpie and those in that area don't get the brunt of it again! Still lots of people without power over that way. Good luck guys!
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 08:56

Starting to get a bit breezy in the Midlands. Stay safe everyone.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2021 07 10:20

Just been for my morning walk, but cold and damp, but so far in West Yorkshire, no sign of winds or ice and snow, thankfully!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 10:45

We had a bit of frost this morning but no wind or rain today here on the East Coast, Lincolnshire. [---- (The word only permitted in December) ----_santaclaus.gif]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 11:01

Rockstar wrote: Tue, 7th Dec 2021, 8:32am I just hop Jay and Magpie and those in that area don't get the brunt of it again! Still lots of people without power over that way. Good luck guys!
Agreed, us soft southerners have it easy [---- (The word only permitted in December) ----_embarassed.gif] currently calm and overcast in London rain expected after lunch [---- (The word only permitted in December) ----_lipsrsealed.gif]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2021 07 11:13

Rockstar wrote: Tue, 7th Dec 2021, 8:32am I just hop Jay and Magpie and those in that area don't get the brunt of it again! Still lots of people without power over that way. Good luck guys!
Thanks bud.

Still loads of fences down also tree surgeons and roofers are on plenty of overtime.

Currently it’s calm but cold.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 07 11:51

Cheers mate, as Jay says currently cold but calm. Wind is due this afternoon but hopefully not as bad as last week was. Very sad at the amount of trees that have been uprooted but hopefully everyone's property will be ok this time
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Proud to be retired
Dec 2021 07 15:57

Well, it's been absolutely Tamping down here most of the day (had a couple of hours respite just after mid-day) blowing a gale all day though.