Ridiculous requests

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 13 11:14

Re: Ridiculous requests

It was a small room and they wouldn`t use it because of asbestos, so we got someone in to sample the dust, prove it wasn`t asbestos and use the room again.
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 13 12:04

Sooooo many to mention but one which stick out in my mind was being asked by parents to go and collect/remove a sofa and TV which had been dumped on a playing field which backs directly onto the school as their children would play on them when coming into and leaving school…. [Confused.png]
Their request was kindly denied to their most dissatisfaction, but I did give them the number for the local council to call [Like.png]
unkiefest
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 13 14:17

It does make me feel a whole lot better reading all these comments. I thought we had all the special teachers here under one roof put here to try my patience on a daily basis [Big grin.png]
nil satis nisi optimum -Like.png-
grumpy1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 06:16

unkiefest wrote: Thu, 13th Jan 2022, 2:17pm It does make me feel a whole lot better reading all these comments. I thought we had all the special teachers here under one roof put here to try my patience on a daily basis [Big grin.png]
Trust me, you're not the only school with special teachers in it. [Big grin.png]
BIGKEVPA
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 08:22

The list is endless,
However ,
broken heels off teachers shoes is always a good one.

removing 3 loose horses which were left in the school grounds by the police the previous evening.

Move a drain as it needs moving and it looks like an easy job
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 10:41

Funniest request was "can you please look in my drawers, I seem to have a saggy bottom" [Scared.png]
Too many ridiculous requests to mention over the years, this weeks one was can you find away to keep the local fox out of the school grounds.
He's a very curious and brazen creature but has a habit of walking through the playgrounds when its full of kids.
I think that its great for the kids to see him. SLT think he might attack someone.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 13:38

beagle wrote: Fri, 14th Jan 2022, 10:41am Funniest request was "can you please look in my drawers, I seem to have a saggy bottom" [Scared.png]
Too many ridiculous requests to mention over the years, this weeks one was can you find away to keep the local fox out of the school grounds.
He's a very curious and brazen creature but has a habit of walking through the playgrounds when its full of kids.
I think that its great for the kids to see him. SLT think he might attack someone.
I think this is probably a valid concern, if he gets brazen enough to approach a child and said child attempts to stroke the fox it could result in a bite. We have foxes living under one of our buildings that chatter and scream all day, our pest control company have said they can trap them but would then have to kill them, the engineer came out and had a look, his off the record suggestion was for me to urinate around the building, the protein markers in male human urine makes them think a huge predator has moved in, can take a few weeks to work though. Interestingly it doesn't work with urine from vegetarians and vegans.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 17:11

I watched the film Birds over the holiday period- does that mean birds are going to peck my eyes out [Scared.png] Yes a fox might bite someone- there have been cases, but there is a limit to what you can do and what is reasonable. I would have a dedicated alarm that went off every time it was seen- Something like " Boom Boom" and get everybody in on a lock down [Big grin.png]
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 17:25

Once got asked to "remove" a feral cat and her kittens as the kids might get scratched by the kittens, well they would learn not to stroke them then, that`s how I learnt [Thumb_up.png]
Living in a rural area if you got rid of one cat another would take it`s place, and try catching the mother, far to wily!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 19:10

We have a fox that often wanders around the school grounds during the day. Sometimes it even climbs on one of the playground sheds (during breaktimes) and sits there, or trots through the playing children. The children have been advised not to try to pet it in case it bites, but it acts as though it doesn't even notice people around it. The only aggression I have seen is between foxes, one night about 3am I heard what sounded like screaming outside and a thud against my front door and when I went out to investigate there were three foxes having a scrap who reluctantly sloped off when I approached.