Ridiculous requests

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 11 15:49

Re: Ridiculous requests

unkiefest wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 3:01pm I think we should write a book with all the silly requests [Big grin.png] .

Today i had a good one .

A little princess of a teacher that spends all her wages on hair, nails and makeup drove to the front door. Nothing weird your saying wait for it, "as its raining i dont want to get my hair wet" . She gets out of her car tries to pass me her car keys to park her car in the carpark. As i just walked away she shouts "excuse me i was talking to you dont you walk away from me".
That's actually obsurd if she was serious? I would have reported that to the head.
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 11 16:16

unkiefest wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 3:01pm I think we should write a book with all the silly requests [Big grin.png] .

Today i had a good one .

A little princess of a teacher that spends all her wages on hair, nails and makeup drove to the front door. Nothing weird your saying wait for it, "as its raining i dont want to get my hair wet" . She gets out of her car tries to pass me her car keys to park her car in the carpark. As i just walked away she shouts "excuse me i was talking to you dont you walk away from me".
If she wanted valet parking, I'd want 20 quid.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2022 11 16:29

This is going back at least 38 years to when I was a relief caretaker:

Could you put some bleach in the fish tank, the water is going green and smells like rotten eggs…
JonOfham wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 1:49pm I used to actually enjoy putting the sundeala boards up. Coming up with new ways of putting up a full sheet on my own.
It always amazed me how they thought I would be able to put up 8 x 4 boards up on my own, I also found many devious ways of installing them [Big grin.png]

I took delivery of 25 Sundeala pin boards just before the Easter holiday one year. Instructions were to remove the pin boards I had painted last year and replace with the new ones. I did originally mention that painting the pin boards would make it hard to push drawing pins in (this is pre-staple gun era).

Painting the original pin boards the year before was my first holiday job having just been appointed as caretaker.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 11 16:31

Today i had a good one .

We had one of those types here thankfully she went off on maternity leave for 18months then in the last week told the head she would not be returning... [Mad.png]

Teacher in question actually used to walk around the school with a kids tiara on her head [JawDropped.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 11 16:50

I was once being given a small list of totally reasonable jobs to do over the summer in their area by a teacher and then they went "oh and I need more space in my classroom so you are going to have to knock the wall through to the room next door" and carried on talking about it so casually as if taking out a supporting wall with everything that entails was about on a level with changing a clock battery.

At my old school there was a teacher who seemed to forget something she needed in her car almost every day and thought it was the site team's job to go and get it for her.
pete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 11 17:30

Man had his hand chopped off in the local barbers, I was asked to guard the gate in case the crazed machete man came to school.
I not so politely refused
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2022 11 18:32

If I had a pound for every time I told teachers speakers aren’t working.

Turn off mute then. [Scared.png]
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 11 19:46

love these posts

Can you stop the birds from pooing on the playground,

Can I stop the road noise from disturbing the children.

please don't let you dog bark during the day , I didn't have a dog then,

cab you put an Internet point(wired) in a classroom (shed) that's 50 years away from the building

can I put an outside tap , nowhere near any water pipes.

Can you call out the gas board as we can smell gas in the room , that building doesn't have any gas supplied and the boilers are 100 yards away. Old head insisted I did it so I called the gas board out , then then charged the school a call out for and told them the same as I did.

can I paint ,whitewash a window as the sunshines through, I pointed out there was a blind on the window and they could use that.

ohh the list goes on and if you didn't work in a school you wouldn't believe it , I hardy do myself.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 11 21:33

pete wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 5:30pm Man had his hand chopped off in the local barbers, I was asked to guard the gate in case the crazed machete man came to school.
I not so politely refused
I assume it wasn't a hair cut gone bad?
pete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 12 07:38

Taz wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 9:33pm I assume it wasn't a hair cut gone bad?
Some yardie business I think. It was q bit rough around there.