Ridiculous requests

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 12 08:11

Re: Ridiculous requests

"Its too warm in this classroom"!

Maybe if you open the windows and choose not to wear boots, leggings under your skirt and roll neck thick sweater during the summer?

"It's too cold can you turn the heating up"?

Maybe if you wore more than a thin summer dress and closed the external door in the winter? *pre covid)
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
wilson
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 12 09:28

Can you change the battery in my clock?

Yes where is it?

On my desk in front of me [hah.png]
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 12 10:03

unkiefest wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 3:01pm I think we should write a book with all the silly requests [Big grin.png] .

Today i had a good one .

A little princess of a teacher that spends all her wages on hair, nails and makeup drove to the front door. Nothing weird your saying wait for it, "as its raining i dont want to get my hair wet" . She gets out of her car tries to pass me her car keys to park her car in the carpark. As i just walked away she shouts "excuse me i was talking to you dont you walk away from me".
Have to say this is a totally reasonable request, I would also consider it reasonable to park her car outside and report it abandoned/illegally parked.
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 12 10:05

My biggest one was with my HT at my last school, we had a falling out over it and our relationship from then on suffered as a result,

She asked me to remove the dead fox in the road (roughly 150-200 yards up the street) as it wasn't nice for the little kids to see walking to and from school. i told her straight ill call the council and inform them but under no circumstances am i cleaning road kill from a public main road.... my reasoning aside from it not being my job was where does this end?!?! am i now expected to do a 200 yard radius sweep of the area surrounding the school?

Not content with this she took it upon herself to do - i still had to get cleaning equipment and black bags etc for her- she cleaned up best she could and dumped it in the school bins which were adjacent to where the parents wait at pick up time... it sat in the bin for a week rotting in the heat of the summer as the bins had only just been emptied with parents complaining to her about the smell of the bins
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 12 10:16

Gazza wrote: Wed, 12th Jan 2022, 10:05am My biggest one was with my HT at my last school, we had a falling out over it and our relationship from then on suffered as a result,

She asked me to remove the dead fox in the road (roughly 150-200 yards up the street) as it wasn't nice for the little kids to see walking to and from school. i told her straight ill call the council and inform them but under no circumstances am i cleaning road kill from a public main road.... my reasoning aside from it not being my job was where does this end?!?! am i now expected to do a 200 yard radius sweep of the area surrounding the school?

Not content with this she took it upon herself to do - i still had to get cleaning equipment and black bags etc for her- she cleaned up best she could and dumped it in the school bins which were adjacent to where the parents wait at pick up time... it sat in the bin for a week rotting in the heat of the summer as the bins had only just been emptied with parents complaining to her about the smell of the bins
Had same request from head of sport for a dead cat in road. It stayed there until a man from council arrived to remove it.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 12 10:45

redfern63 wrote: Tue, 11th Jan 2022, 7:46pm love these posts
Can you call out the gas board as we can smell gas in the room , that building doesn't have any gas supplied and the boilers are 100 yards away
Yes had that one, there are only lpg cylinders on the science block, jog on!
Other one was there is dust coming out of the ceiling it might be asbestos!, no its not, it`s been removed from this room and I have the certificates to prove it [Success.png] still had to have it tested as dept head insisted, another waste of money [Angry.png]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 12 20:40

Best one I ever had was from a previous HT, We have a very large main field over 350 x 280m but the whole field is on a slope going up away from the buildings. (I think you know where I'm going with this?) Yes the HT wanted me to "Level" the field over the weekend. Don't worry he said I'll get a couple of the parent volunteers to bring some shovels in and give you a hand! [Shock.png]
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2022 13 08:05

I had a supply teacher ask if I had a car jack as he had a flat tyre. I pulled one out of my car and offered it to him and he then says ‘do you think you can change the wheel for me’ !! My reply cannot be written here. But it was a no
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 13 08:45

Nigel wrote: Wed, 12th Jan 2022, 10:45am Yes had that one, there are only lpg cylinders on the science block, jog on!
Other one was there is dust coming out of the ceiling it might be asbestos!, no its not, it`s been removed from this room and I have the certificates to prove it [Success.png] still had to have it tested as dept head insisted, another waste of money [Angry.png]
don't mean to hijack the post but did they lock the classroom down if they were worried it was asbestos?
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 13 09:18

redfern63 wrote: Thu, 13th Jan 2022, 8:45am don't mean to hijack the post but did they lock the classroom down if they were worried it was asbestos?
Always err on the side of caution and close any area suspected of having asbestos until it has been tested and proved otherwise.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]