Mobile phone cameras

Use this board to discuss about Science, Space exploration, Computers, New gadgets...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 30 17:28

Mobile phone cameras

Why is it, whenever you see a photo somebody has taken with their mobile phone, it is always in portrait.

If I ever need to take a picture of a car or senary, I always turn the phone sideways so I get a landscape photo. Only if I am taking a tall image like a building/tower/letterbox etc do I use portrait.

When they are shown on telly like during the news, they usually have to blur the background to give you something to see.

Do people not know how to take a photo? -Angry.png-
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 31 18:39

Re: Mobile phone cameras

Not a something us dumb phone users have to deal with. I am amazed how expensive some of these phones are. And when you see these iPhones being advertised on TV, I have to stop & figure out,sometimes, if they are actually advertising a phone or a camera.
Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 31 19:45

I am not really a tech person, but my son gave me and set up his old iPhone for me, I thought!!!!! But have had it a while now and I think it’s brilliant, it’s does a lot more than the brick I had!!!!!!
StNick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2020 01 17:31

Don’t know where I’d be without mobile phone. Been in industry 23 years before caretaker job last September, advent of phone camera a boon. Looking into dark ceilings or behind cabinets easy Peasy now. Agree about landscape issue though.
Whatever you do, Always do your Best. You can’t do better than your Best. You can always get better, but you still need to do your Best