Not so Smart Meter

Use this board to discuss about Science, Space exploration, Computers, New gadgets...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2021 30 12:37

Not so Smart Meter

I've had a Smart Meter for a number of years, don't look at it much. But today, it took my eye. It claims I have used £8860 worth of electricity just this morning. -JawDropped.png-

Tried rebooting it (unplugging it and removing the batteries) but connects and says the same.

I'd better keep an eye on the bill when I get it.

It would be impossible to use that amount of leccy. At 0.08p a kw I think I would have melted down every wire in the house.

image0.jpg
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 30 14:31

Re: Not so Smart Meter

thecaretaker wrote: Sat, 30th Jan 2021, 12:37pm I'd better keep an eye on the bill when I get it.

It would be impossible to use that amount of leccy. At 0.08p a kw I think I would have melted down every wire in the house.
How big is your e-Niro's traction battery again? -Wink.png- -Big grin.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 30 20:38

I used to read my own gas & electricity meters & submit the results. Never had a problem. Then about three years ago I was stupid enough to get a smart. It has been nothing but trouble from that day to this. My advice would be to avoid them like the plague if you have not already had one fitted. That is my experience of them. Maybe other people have had no trouble.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 31 10:12

Had one fitted since last August and so far it's OK but i do keep an eye on it and have positioned it in the utility room which we use a lot so geys a good viewing most days. -Thumb_up-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
NGJOBS
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 01 08:13

Are you sure you haven’t got a couple of rooms with lots of “green” plants growing in it!!
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 01 09:33

NGJOBS wrote: Mon, 1st Feb 2021, 8:13am Are you sure you haven’t got a couple of rooms with lots of “green” plants growing in it!!
I was thinking exactly the same! Perhaps next door have tapped in to your supply boss! Are you getting a whiff of anything suspicious? LOL. -Big grin.png-
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 01 10:44

I can't remember who but there was a member here a couple of years ago who was renting out his house and one day got a call from the police because the tenants had circumvented the electric meter in order to grow "plants".

I have managed to avoid getting a smart meter so far, I am not exactly rushing to get one as I have heard too many people complain about having problems. It doesn't exactly take ages to submit the readings and not sure how it would save me money as they always claim as a big reason for installing one.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2021 01 14:14

Rockstar wrote: Mon, 1st Feb 2021, 9:33am I was thinking exactly the same! Perhaps next door have tapped in to your supply boss! Are you getting a whiff of anything suspicious? LOL. -Big grin.png-
Notttthin' hhhere. Evvverrry thin' smellllls luvvlly -Scared.png- -Big grin.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)