Which maintenance management system?

Update notifications, Tech News, Security issues...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Tiffer
Newbie Caretaker
Newbie Caretaker

Which maintenance management system?

Sep 2017 12 17:28

Post by Tiffer » Tue, 12th Sep 2017, 5:28pm

Post by Tiffer by Tiffer Sep 2017 12 17:28

Hi all

This is my first post in a while, in fact I had to re-register it's been that long!
I am working with lots of bits of paper, handed down to me by my predecessor who didn't like computers. I'd really like to get a computer software package which can help me manage work requests, maintenance recording etc.
Can anyone recommend a good product?? Any input/advice will be most welcome.

Beechwood
Newbie Caretaker
Newbie Caretaker

Re: Which maintenance management system?

Oct 2017 23 22:29

Post by Beechwood » Mon, 23rd Oct 2017, 10:29pm

Post by Beechwood by Beechwood Oct 2017 23 22:29

First, try the Microsoft (MS) Office 2016 or MS Office 365, its Excel contains plenty of useful downloadable templates such as: Inventory list with reorder highlighting, To-do list, (Family) budget, Sales invoice tracker, Gantt Project Planner, etc.

The MS Word (part of the MS Office package) could help you to produce professional letters. The spell checker is good and useful.
Later, when you see the thresholds of the Excel you could start to use the MS Access.

I tell you the truth: the professional complex applications are running on a server-client architect: Oracle, Lotus Notes, etc. These are the best if you want to use free-word-search in large amount of scanned and stored documents, develop a shared database with on-line management and a ticketing (fault reporting) systems or a rocket launch pad [Like.png]

You need a good scanner with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program as well. The MS Office contains a built-in OCR. The multi-function models (printer-scanner-modem +WiFi) aren’t the best choose, because if any function is dead the whole machine dead. :-(

Good luck!

Beechwood

Sitemansam
Trainee Caretaker
Trainee Caretaker

Re: Which maintenance management system?

Oct 2017 24 14:31

Post by Sitemansam » Tue, 24th Oct 2017, 2:31pm

Post by Sitemansam by Sitemansam Oct 2017 24 14:31

No question about this www.passms.com The best I have used.
I know they do deals at different times and discounts for introducing more schools.
The new fault reporter is great staff/teachers even like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Like.png] [Success.png] [Waving.png]