My team promoted Barnsley

Discuss all types of sport from Football, Golf, F1, Horse Racing, Keeping fit and Gyms...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

sambie
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 14:48

My team promoted Barnsley

Hi well my team are back in the championship at the first time of asking after relegation last season.
anyone else's team been promoted or are in the play offs? or even relegated

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 14:57

Re: My team promoted Barnsley

Well done to them. And well done to Orient. Glad to see them back in the league.

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 16:43

Drone wrote:
Wed, Jth May 2019, 2:57pm
Well done to them. And well done to Orient. Glad to see them back in the league.
Have you a connection to Leyton Orient? [Neutral.png]

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 16:45

No. Millwall is my time. But I am glad to see a London team back in the league. Another team that got mugged over by the owners

Acaretaker
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 16:50

Going to Wembley with Tranmere, third time in three years, 2 for 2, even the bitter&twisted and living in the past other merseyside teams can't say that [Like.png]
"All warfare is based on deception. Thus, when able to attack, we must seem unable. Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant." Sun Tzu (Art of War)

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 18:45

Great achievement by Tranmere. My mate is a supporter.

Rockstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 17 15:48

Well, last season it was between Bolton and Barnsley as to who went down. I seem to recall it was the last game of the season too. Anyway, Barnsley are coming back up and Bolton are going down and have to start the next season on minus 12 points after going into administration. It is really sad to see my team in such a mess. It was only a few years ago that Big Sam got us into Europe and Seville were here! Now we have a food bank for the loyal staff who have not been paid for the last 3 weeks. And one local side (believed to be Preston)has donated £2000.00 of high street vouchers for the staff. Then I was reading that Utd may pay a player 12 million Not to play for them! It seems all the big money clubs get the lions share of money and smaller clubs soon cannot keep up if they get relegated. I hope someone comes in and buys the club and invests some money or another founding member of the football league with 145 years of history will be gone. [Disappointment.png]

Taz
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 17 17:17

Bristol City - Home form let us down, dropped way too many points. Missed out mathematically on the playoffs on the last day, but in reality, losing at home (point proven) to Derby killed all hope.

Do you want Marley Watkins back Sambie?