Sport and recreation

Discuss all types of sport from Football, Golf, F1, Horse Racing, Keeping fit and Gyms...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 08:28

Sport and recreation

Following on from the fishing topic.

What sport or recreation do you do and a description of what it is that you like about it.
I'll start off.

F1. I have loved F1 since I was a small boy playing with corgi F1 cars on the carpet I'm fascinated by the drivers and the technology and have a good appreciation of the race mentality as I raced Karts back in my earlier years. I love all forms of motorsport including Moto GP and Rallying.

Archery. This is an odd one really as it is both individual and a very social sport. It has a zen like quality where you have to let all else slip away and really focus on your shot. At the same time you share a field with a great bunch of people of all ages, sexes and ability and we all compete together there is never any us and them. Even full on tournaments there is always time to have a natter and catch up with people. But best of all is it open to almost everyone there are very few disabilities that prevent people from shooting and it is truly inclusive.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 09:08

Re: Sport and recreation

Not very original but it's 5-a-side football for me. I was invited to join the group a few years back. It's a collection of friends that has spread. Some of the players are in their 60s (I'm nearly 55) and sometimes some are in their teens (grand kids of the older ones.) Have missed it a lot (both socially and physically) and can't wait for its return on 19th May. Have been doing 5 workouts each week since Sept but it doesn't fill the void.
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 10:39

I compete in Dog Agility, I was even on TV (Crufts) a few years ago I am also a qualified Dog Agility Judge. When the pubs are open I compete in a silly game called Table Skittles, its a bit like 10 pin bowling except you have to through 3 'cheeses' onto a table 9 feet away, its a very social team game played by 2 teams of 8 players. Its a great Wednesday night out and breaks the week up nicely.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 11:44

Used to play snooker until the club closed down. Was never any good. Ronnie has nothing to worry about.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 11:52

3 miles from my door I can do this, 1 mile to nearest bridleway, exercise, beautiful countryside, peace and solitude -Like.png-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 12:11

Nigel wrote: Thu, 29th Apr 2021, 11:52am Image
3 miles from my door I can do this, 1 mile to nearest bridleway, exercise, beautiful countryside, peace and solitude -Like.png-
Very nice.. More of a roadie/tourer myself.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 13:25

F1 - I Was a race marshal for over 15yrs including Race Fire and Race Rescue. done about 5 F1 GPs 2 , Lombard RAC Rallies ( that will check your age) plus many other like Clubman, Tin tops and BTC(TOCA), Hill climbs most weekends from February to November
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 14:48

Minecraft, i'm obsessed with it! Been playing it for about 8 years and regularly play with a youtuber with over 1.5 million subscribers so often appear in his videos and live streams. It's an amazing community and i have gained lots of online friends from all over the world.
Some people say its a kids game yet the average age of a minecrafter is 24, i've played with people from 7 to 70.
At the moment i'm building my school and plan to make my own youtube vids one day.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 29 15:04

Auctions. Love 'em. I buy and sell and am hoping to retire early and do it full time. Otherwise it's motorbikes. I have never been sporty!