Retirement and house hunting

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 06 11:39

Re: Retirement and house hunting

If you do rent privately, you can choose where you want to live, I am and I am going to Spain where hopefully I have saved enough to buy there. adios amigos. [Waving.png]

TheRat
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 07 08:42

I wish you well John,

I hope you will still stay active on the site [Like.png] [Like.png]
Living The Dream of Dreams [Like.png]

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 07 08:44

Skoolkeeper wrote:
Wed, Jth Mar 2019, 11:39am
If you do rent privately, you can choose where you want to live, I am and I am going to Spain where hopefully I have saved enough to buy there. adios amigos. [Waving.png]
Now that ^ is a plan!!! [Like.png] [Waving.png]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

077bluerover
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 07 09:16

Skoolkeeper wrote:
Wed, Jth Mar 2019, 11:39am
That’s what my plan is to , get a lot more for your money sunshine on tap. Get away from rip off Britain 🇬🇧

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 07 10:51

The other point about Spain or the Algarve is that it can work out cheaper for a pensioner than living in the UK. In the long British winters, we spend eye watering amounts of our pension on just keeping warm. In a southern climate we will not be doing that. However, I suppose the cost of medical care insurance will have to be factored in to expenses. I have no idea about the cost of groceries in that part of the world.