Big Day

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Jack-the-Bug
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 26 10:27

Re: Big Day

Firstly A big Good Luck in your retirement and enjoy the stress free life
Well done for taking that big step after 40 years
Thanks also for all your helpful posts on the forum and I hope you will continue to help us with questions.
I met you at a couple of the conferences and your enthusiasm and knowledge was fantastic.

Sadly after 30 years myself and in tie-accomm I fear a similar end to my career but from the various comments
from you and other recently retired members it is now sounding quite a good thing to get out of the stress.

All the best Magpie
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 26 10:54

Jack-the-Bug wrote: Mon, 26th Apr 2021, 10:27am I met you at a couple of the conferences and your enthusiasm and knowledge was fantastic.
I also met magpie at one of the conferences and totally agree with the above comment -Like.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Apr 2021 26 11:38

Give it a week or two and you wonder how you had time to go to work. -Like.png-
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 26 14:33

You guys are fantastic, it was a bit of a worry taking the big step but listening to your comments has put my mind at rest. I haven't really had any enthusiasm for the job for the last few years and haven't really been on this site that much as a result but as the stress decreases I hope to be back posting regularly again -Thumb_up-
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 26 21:34

Good Luck Magpie, i can truly relate as i have been through a lot of ups and downs since i started in this game.
Thank you also for all your help and advice, I'm sure you will have even more time to give us youngsters nuggets of advice you have collected over the years!

Cheers! -Wink.png-