CO2 monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Jomell
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 13:04

Re: CO2 monitors

I've just had a Trust site mangers meeting and we have all decided not to record any of the readings -Like.png-
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Oct 2021 14 14:02

First I've heard about them so no not had any here.
Is it that TIME already
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 14:43

Yes, we've received 60 which will be enough to put one in each classroom (labs & tech rooms already have them fitted), and some of the larger offices.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 14:50

reading the original gov post, it seems that sen schools are/have been getting them first. My prediction for our state run primary is sometime just before "that big day". Someone posted early on the leaflet that comes with them- might be worth looking at an old post and read it- I know I forwarded to the SLT at the time. As said, not sure how much use they will be and what the next steps are to be recommended? Winter is soon to be here, and closed windows and doors will be the norm to keep the staff warm and cosy.
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 14:57

Just another --- censored word --- thing to do. I told the HT that I will install them but I'm not going round taking readings, each class can take their own readings throughout the week and submit them to me on Friday so I can file them ready for whatever comes next.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 15:14

twiglets wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 2:50pm Winter is soon to be here, and closed windows and doors will be the norm to keep the staff warm and cosy.
They have been known to put coats on the little ones so they can say its too cold for them.. -Happy.png-

Hid a thermometer once and the look on the face of the teacher when i pointed out the real temperature in the room not their perceived temperature.

I presume the government will force schools to improve the ventilation in the schools once they have the evidence whilst giving precisely no funding for the job.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 15:20

First I have heard about it. I certainly will not be going round every day taking readings! All our classrooms have at least 1 window open all the time, what with Covid still riot.
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 15:33

It's about ensuring ventilation to assist with dispersing covid virons.

However there is evidence to show that higher concentrations of CO2 negatively impacts learning ( concentration).

To my mind that makes it a teachers job, not the site management.
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 15:59

Vera wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 3:14pm They have been known to put coats on the little ones so they can say its too cold for them.. -Happy.png-

Hid a thermometer once and the look on the face of the teacher when i pointed out the real temperature in the room not their perceived temperature.

I presume the government will force schools to improve the ventilation in the schools once they have the evidence whilst giving precisely no funding for the job.
I love it when staff try and tell me it's too cold in the classroom, the look on their face is priceless when I open up the App on my phone for the intruder alarm and select the PIR sensor for their room and show them exactly what the temp is in that room 😁
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 14 16:53

Judging by the conversations in the staff room about heating I expect a lot of the complaints about it being too cold are down to how hot they keep their houses and so there is a big difference when they come to work. Their heating bills at home must be astronomical judging by their comments, "I can't be bothered to put on extra layers, I NEED a warm house," "I have my heating on all day as I can't stand going home and it isn't toasty warm when I get back," "I've had my heating on since before the start of term as it's been so cold," "I always have my thermostat set to 24oC or more," etc. Then they probably went off to their classrooms to preach to the children about climate change.