Failing to control the risk from diseases carried by animals

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 07:41

Re: Failing to control the risk from diseases carried by animals

Handyman wrote: 18th Oct 2021 at 6:15pm Sounds like your local fox will be eating well tonight -Shock.png-
They survived the night -Scared.png-

But it's tipping it down here and they have little to no shelter.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 08:43

Nail wrote: 14th Oct 2021 at 6:32am and with chickens you have to factor in avian flu so they might need to be kept indoors for a long period of time. Suitable housing for them!
I have had chickens at home for a fair few years. When I heard about the avian flu directive, I had to spend a day bird-proofing my run by using a fine mesh attached to the chicken wire. I didn't think Mrs Dexter would have been happy with new house mates!
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 09:32

Dexter wrote: 19th Oct 2021 at 8:43am I have had chickens at home for a fair few years. When I heard about the avian flu directive, I had to spend a day bird-proofing my run by using a fine mesh attached to the chicken wire. I didn't think Mrs Dexter would have been happy with new house mates!
Ha ha, she probably wouldn't!

That's interesting about fine mesh. I assumed that it would have to be a solid roof but it makes sense about it being just enough to stop any hint of bird getting in!