Nottingham City Council largest number of ev chargers in UK

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2021 21 15:28

Nottingham City Council largest number of ev chargers in UK

Nottingham City Council has revealed the new Broad Marsh Car Park in the city centre will host the largest number of electric vehicle charge points in one location in the whole of the UK.

ncc.jpg

Work to install the 81 charge points is nearing completion, along with a host of other smart technology that will make customer journeys easier and significantly reduce the site’s carbon footprint.

https://westbridgfordwire.com/new-broad ... k-building
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2021 21 17:32

Re: Nottingham City Council largest number of ev chargers in UK

Poor Nottingham. Why did they decide to go for bp pulse chargers. Renowned in the EV world for being the most unreliable company. I know first hand when I was on holiday down the new forest. It used to be ecotricity, but thanks to Gridserve taken over, they are putting the wrongs to right. No, bp pulse now wears the crown... Don't talk to me about bp pulse -Big grin.png-

bpp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 21 18:56

thecaretaker wrote: 21st Oct 2021 at 5:32pm Don't talk to me about bp pulse -Big grin.png-
I was a member of the Polar charging network back in 2016 when the chargers were still free, still have a Polar RFID card but only used it once back then. I think they were taken over by Chargemaster and have now become BP Pulse. Can’t say I’ve experienced the BP Pulse charging experience, I have an RFID card that would work so maybe next time I need a rapid I’ll use a BP Pulse. There is a local one but it’s almost always in use.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2021 22 12:09

Keyolder wrote: 21st Oct 2021 at 6:56pm Can’t say I’ve experienced the BP Pulse charging experience....
Nor have I. I can't find one that actually works. -Angry.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 22 12:25

When you can turn up at a charger use your credit card and charge your car it will be a viable option, having to have different apps, different cards etc, etc is a faff, when I fill up with petrol I pay with cc and walk away -Success.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2021 22 12:49

Nigel wrote: 22nd Oct 2021 at 12:25pm When you can turn up at a charger use your credit card and charge your car it will be a viable option, having to have different apps, different cards etc, etc is a faff, when I fill up with petrol I pay with cc and walk away -Success.png-
I agree, but thankfully, most companies are updating their equipment to take credit/debit cards but it all takes time.

What they don't do is fix the chargers quickly enough when they break down. Some companies take weeks even months before they get round to fixing them. I will add, they do get abused a lot and many people take their frustrations out when they can't charge just like people did for vending machines when it didn't drop their chocolate bar. Kicking it and banging the screen ain't gonna make it work lol.

Some companies like Instavolt are excellent and I've never come across one that is out of order. They have a team who go round to clean and check their chargers on a regular basis too (somebody told me weekly). Thanks to the ZapMap app, you can see ahead which ones are working and which ones are in use these days but even that can't be fully relied upon.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 22 15:12

Nigel wrote: 22nd Oct 2021 at 12:25pm When you can turn up at a charger use your credit card and charge your car it will be a viable option, having to have different apps, different cards etc, etc is a faff, when I fill up with petrol I pay with cc and walk away -Success.png-
Tesla owners enjoy the best charging experience with Tesla Superchargers, just pull up plug in and that’s it. No cards apps or faffing about and there are usually multiple chargers available so no need to wait your turn, and they are fast.

I have an RFID card that works with most current public chargers, it costs a bit more per charge but I find it convenient only having one account rather than multiple cards and apps.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.