When should we be told about something in school

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 22 09:55

Re: When should we be told about something in school

My school is hit and miss, mostly my cleaners know before me.
also when some ones sick they just put a chair over it or cones and expect me to find it.

The last few weeks we have had to fog the school once a week but i wasn't told why until another caretaker form our partner school told me, he only knew because his wife works in the classes.
Its like we are not important enough to know these things, yet when its not done they wonder why.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Oct 2021 22 14:17

Sure I read this week that Fogging was no longer recommended in schools.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 23 13:35

Back in May 2020 WHO said that fogging was ineffective in dealing with Covid-19 for a number of reasons and did not recommend it be used for decontaminating indoor spaces mainly because pre-covid there were many cases of people suffering irritation to eyes, skin and respiratory systems and developing related conditions as a result of fogging.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]

"It may look like I'm doing nothing but in my head I'm quite busy" [Big grin.png]
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 24 14:57

Not Covid related, but we regularly get maintenance requests from (The Top) only to find when we arrange the works that the area requested has been booked out externally, so the left hand not talking to the right again?

I think communication especially in secondary schools is always an issue, with so much happening at once and many people not understanding how one decision impacts on others already made.