Re: Eye of the Beholder

Share your photographs with other forum members. Discuss photography and equipment...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Mar 2022 24 09:07

You had a phone that could take pictures 17 years ago [hah.png] yes I know about the rule of thirds, never take a picture of my bike(s) with it central in a frame, your eye naturally divides a picture into thirds and your eye is drawn to the intersecting lines.
sorry but the picture looks staged to me
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 24 09:38

Jubbs wrote: 23rd Mar 2022 at 8:03pm 3 points, 3 angles and 3 sides of direction.......triangles.
1, 3, 5 , 7 etc. An odd numer gives a central focal point where an even number doesn't.
That’s interesting, I didn’t know about the rule of three or angles in photo composition.
You learn something new every day, maybe I’ll compose better pictures now [Like.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 24 09:42

Very interesting that Jubbs. It is though, how people look at different pieces of art and can see all sorts of things that I would not necessarily notice. I know my colour blindness does not help me sometimes. My wife did a photography course and talks about leading lines etc. Some great photographers around the country too. Check out Available Light Photography - Isle of Wight, or Mike Lacey in Cornwall. He is a surfer and diver and has some amazing shots as waves curl above his head in the water. I am sure there are some others too, like Roo92 photography in London- she loves cars (esp VWs) and does some great shots too. Any others for me to look out for people?
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Mar 2022 25 17:47

Don`t know if I even had a mobile then let alone one with a camera [Big grin.png]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch