'Re home' a table!

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

doorbs97
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2022 06 20:35

'Re home' a table!

Hi Everyone,

New Site Supervisor here, we're having a new library installed soon and we want to re-home this huge table that is in the centre of our 'library'. We have previously given furniture to other schools as long as they collect and a small donation is always welcome. My school is located in South Derbyshire, We would much prefer this going to a new home instead of it simply being thrown in the skip. Apologies for the messy pictures!

It does have the facility to hold computers underneath as shown in the pictures.

If you have any questions please message me and we could potentially get the ball rolling!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2022 06 22:28

Re: 'Re home' a table!

Have you considered using sales sites such as gumtree to try sell it? I usually do this with anything I'm told to dispose of, any money made from the sales I use as a petty cash for emergency purchases.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 09 07:40

There are companies that will collect and remove school furniture, I did have a number for one such place but I can't lay my hands on it right now.

Try a google search to find a company to resell the tables.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2022 09 10:03

doorbs97 wrote: Fri, 6th May 2022, 8:35pm Hi Everyone,

New Site Supervisor here, we're having a new library installed soon and we want to re-home this huge table that is in the centre of our 'library'. We have previously given furniture to other schools as long as they collect and a small donation is always welcome. My school is located in South Derbyshire, We would much prefer this going to a new home instead of it simply being thrown in the skip. Apologies for the messy pictures!

It does have the facility to hold computers underneath as shown in the pictures.

If you have any questions please message me and we could potentially get the ball rolling!

Can you post some rough measurement's use photo shop on the picture to add them to make it easier ,our school maybe interested but need sizes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jun 2022 09 21:44

Never used this company myself but could be worth a look for disposing of school furniture or if anybody is interested in second hand stuff:

https://www.zooteducationalfurniture.co.uk/