Day after the May Fair

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Scooter
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 11:26

Day after the May Fair

Feeling drained today after the first May fair in 3 years! I had foolishly forgotten how much work it is. 8am-4pm setting up on Saturday and then 7-6pm Sunday (also missed the football) feet are sore after 40000 steps yesterday mostly carrying stuff around as well!
It's a great fundraiser for the school but I'm certainly glad it's only once a year [Sleepy.png]
btrousers
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 13:26

Re: Day after the May Fair

do you claim overtime for it?
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 13:48

yeah we did ours on Saturday too- again 1st one in 3 years... feel like I didn't get a weekend... 8:30 till 5

and wouldn't claim OT for it either. it was purely voluntary on my part, I wasn't expected to stay for the whole event but i did
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2022 23 15:08

It's what a lot of us did on any occasion like this you came in and did it without occurring overtime as it was the right thing to do help the school succeed. [Success.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
May 2022 24 20:10

We did ours the other week, was a bit surreal after not having events like that since basically 2019. Don't get paid extra, part of the job, but the PTA here are very grateful (and generous! [Like.png] ) Also started having to set up hundreds of chairs for parents to attend school productions for the first time in years. Glad to be getting back to normal to be honest.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]

"It may look like I'm doing nothing but in my head I'm quite busy" [Big grin.png]
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2022 24 22:14

No May fair here, the summer fete will be an internal one done during a school day rather than a big Saturday event, to make up for this we have a funfair coming onto the field for a weekend, not sure I'm too happy about them pitching up and staying on the field all weekend but as I've been told, I have no say in the matter, to which I replied they better not knock on my door as they really won't like the response they will get.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jul 2022 06 11:18

No May fayre here. Summer Fete will be held one school day afternoon from midday on to 6pm. TOIL planned for the friday right after for me, i'll be unlocking and on my merry way.