I usually avoid the subject of politics

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2022 11 18:28

Re: I usually avoid the subject of politics

Initially i was not going to read the post as like you CT i try and steer well clear of politics and religion and understand your concerns' as to financial and mental in these dark days, i have been lucky in life in the jobs i have done and my mental sate of mind and i am now enjoying retirement to the full.

Always saved hard for a rainy day and towards retirement by saving on a lot of moon lighting jobs while in the forces and Police Service plus private DIY jobs it all went into the pot and seeing how things are today it was one of my better decisions in life, unfortunately not every one is financially or mental well off and times are really hard for them from families with small children to O.A.P.s.

I would not have believed in my younger day that the UK would be having food banks and law abiding people normally having to steal just to live basically not to buy the latest trainers but to feed the family, this conservative government has got to be the worst in history this country has ever had and Great Britain is no longer great as all of our major industries have been sold off or moved abroad, we as a nation are becoming a 3rd world country. [Angry.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
tykeman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Aug 2022 12 16:34

Re: I usually avoid the subject of politics

I am proud to say that I have never voted for the Conservatives, or indeed the Labour party. Many friends, family and neighbours that I know, voted for Boris and the Conservatives and now deny ever doing it or are back peddling. How can MPs make decisions on fuel poverty and the cost of living when they allegedly claim the fuel costs of their second London homes and eat in subsidised restaurants, coffee houses and eating houses in the Houses of Parliament. Like Vera says, we need a complete rethink on how the Commons and Lords functions, but will that ever happen, after all it will be like cutting their nose off to spite the face.
Allegedly, over 8 billion pounds of unsuitable PPE was bought by Conservative friends of Tory MPs, two of the worst were Gov and Hancock and this is all held in warehouses at a cost of £200000 PER DAY and no one is going to try to get some of this money back from these individuals and companies. One MP allegedly suggested that some money could be got by burning it to make electricity.
How many people could 8 billion plus the ongoing £200000 help? It really does make my blood boil [Angry.png] [Mad.png]
Get out there and do it to them, before they do it to you