Oil protesters

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

adonis2
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2022 17 19:16

Re: Oil protesters

Rockstar wrote: 17th Oct 2022 at 10:21am And they have now climbed the QE2 bridge forcing Police to close it. This means they have to use the Dartford Tunnels. The wasted fuel being burned by people waiting in the massive queues to get across must be enormous. These people should be jailed instantly and for a considerable amount of time. [Mad.png]
Apparently one of them is a bridge designer and the other is a 33 year old London teacher named Marcus, that will look good on his DBS, I hope his school gives him the boot.

I have had contactors having to reschedule and my son couldn't get to college due to these idiots.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2022 21 09:33

In Germany recently a group of eco-protesters glued themselves to the concrete floor of a Volkswagen Showroom. The staff responded by turning off the lights and heating, then locking up and going home. The protesters complained they weren't given buckets to go to the toilet and that it was inhumane to be in the dark and cold. Surely they should approve of the energy being saved? [Like.png]

If only we had the guts in this country...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2022 21 10:05

Handyman wrote: 21st Oct 2022 at 9:33am In Germany recently a group of eco-protesters glued themselves to the concrete floor of a Volkswagen Showroom. The staff responded by turning off the lights and heating, then locking up and going home. The protesters complained they weren't given buckets to go to the toilet and that it was inhumane to be in the dark and cold. Surely they should approve of the energy being saved? [Like.png]

If only we had the guts in this country...
I saw that and laughed out loud. [Big grin.png]
Apparently, they also complained that the security guards came in from time to time to shine flashlights in their eyes too.

Yes, if only we had the guts... [Neutral.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]