Greetings and Facilites management suggestions, recommendations.

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Clan3
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 15 18:44

Greetings and Facilites management suggestions, recommendations.

Good evening all,

I was recommended this forum to a previous Bursar who advised me in the past before retirement and I'm happy to say that I've now joined [Big grin.png] , it does feel like you are alone in this role with no real advice and quite frankly you're stepping into a minefield [JawDropped.png] with the amount of regs, contractors, etc so. I'm hopping i can help people new and existing in the role [Like.png] in the future while learning as well.

One of the great challenges i feel in caretaking is finding a true reliable facilities management group, as from previous and current experience has been hell [Cry.png] so, could anyone recommend any S.L.A groups round the midlands or nationwide based who you've found reliable, reactive and fairly priced especially with the recent union success in the new pay rises as this will constraint annual repair budgets more so any advice, recommendations would truly be helpful.

Thank you and hope i can help with new topics in the future [Success.png]
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2022 16 00:18

Re: Greetings and Facilites management suggestions, recommendations.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure some of the members may be able to advise you [Like.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
TheTakerofCare
Nov 2022 16 07:10

We did use Strictly Education Services 0330 123 2546,

However we now use a software package every

https://www.weareevery.com/

Just as easy to do yourself.
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 07:55

Hi

Firstly, welcome aboard! Hope you find this forum as informative and reassuring as I do.

In terms of FM suggestions for the Midlands, I am afraid I've got nothing as my experience is in the NW.

That said, are you (or the BM) on an email list for any local group of BMs or SIte/Facilities Managers? If so, an emailed request for any that they would recommend may be fruitful.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 08:11

This site is great for many things, however if what i need is not available, i turn to twitter.

There is a good school Business manager presence that are always very helpful.
use the hashtags #Edutwitter
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 10:08

I can highly recommend 3D Facilities Support in Sutton Coldfield. They have looked after all our Heating, Gas, Electrics & Air Con for just over 5 years now, and have never once let us down for either PPM visits or call outs.
Clan3
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 22:41

Thank you all for the warm welcome 😁, also for the great advice. We're just about to join Every as my dream for a long time is to have all services, compliance, assest management available in one place and for parties to see online, paperwork takes up space and your the only one who knows where it is 😅. Is Every good for contractors? The other system I found was called Mainteno by a company called Quills but we went with Every as it's more user friendly, thank you for the twitter advice and 3D Facilities really do appreciate this 👍