Slip trip and fall risk assessment

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 18 09:30

Slip trip and fall risk assessment

Hey guys,

our H&S gov has asked for a Slip, trip and fall risk assessment.

Before i go searching t'interweb, does anyone have a template i could steal?
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 18 14:53

Re: Slip trip and fall risk assessment

Forgive me but surely this wouldnt be a stand alone RA?

On all of our RA's, Slips trips and falls are a hazard/risk which require controlling. The control measures would differ from one environment to another. for example in a classroom setting/RA you would pay close attention to carpet condition, ensure bags and coats are kept tidy and chairs are tucked in from gangways whereas in a playground RA your focus might be on keeping paths clear from debris, ensuring that surfaces are maintaind and in good condition. In a bethroom or toilet area it would be monitoring and cleaning pubbles and wet floors as and when they arise.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 18 15:57

Re: Slip trip and fall risk assessment

Gazza wrote: 18th Nov 2022 at 2:53pm Forgive me but surely this wouldnt be a stand alone RA?

On all of our RA's, Slips trips and falls are a hazard/risk which require controlling. The control measures would differ from one environment to another. for example in a classroom setting/RA you would pay close attention to carpet condition, ensure bags and coats are kept tidy and chairs are tucked in from gangways whereas in a playground RA your focus might be on keeping paths clear from debris, ensuring that surfaces are maintaind and in good condition. In a bethroom or toilet area it would be monitoring and cleaning pubbles and wet floors as and when they arise.
To some extent i agree with you. but it is similar to the working at heights RA. we have a generic one, but for specific tasks, it is included in that assessment. Likewise manual handling.

Having put one together this afternoon, i can see the benefit of it for governance.

happy to share it if required.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!