Hi I'm new to this forum

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 03 16:38

Re: Hi I'm new to this forum

Welcome [Thumb_up.png]
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 03 17:14

First of all Welcome. I would imagine that you will have to apply to the council for housing but the rules are different around the country. Have you paid into the LGP in your time, can you check how much it might be worth and would it be worth taking it now to help out. Otherwise, private renting but i am presuming in the current crisis that would be too expensive. Find out what your contract says about living in the house if not employed and contact the Citizens advice bureau and see if they can put you in touch with people who might help. There could be a possibility that the school may not want your replacement to live in the house, it seems to be happening a lot in schools now, and may offer to rent it to you but that would be a very very slim chance. Citizen's advice is probably your best bet but i am sure others on here will have more better informed information
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 04 02:36

Welcome sister.
Brother magpie is right and has lots of wisdom on this (many thanks for the help bro.).
Don't be looking too much at the school as they are mainly looking out for themselves.
I went searching in anther cheaper area and found a long term rental that suites my needs. The big cities cost too much, move out in the country where you can finally relax.
I would advise to start getting your pension paperwork as soon as you can as they are not the fastest to get things done.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)