Oh Dear

Discuss all types of sport from Football, Rugby, Golf, F1, Horse Racing, Keeping fit and Gyms...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Dec 2022 10 22:04

Oh Dear

Well at least i have the memories of being 7 years old and actually seeing us win the World Cup albeit in black and white
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Dec 2022 10 22:38

Re: Oh Dear

I would rather win The Ashes anyway
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 11 11:24

They gave it there best with the youngest players in this tournament and only did the last game produce a yellow card for any England player, we played correctly and with dignity and every one of them can hold there heads up high.

Now the bad points, the ref let France use Zaca as a kick bag which was absolutely outrages refereeing and how VAR could miss some of the incidents with cameras from every angle is amazing when millions saw the fouls in the stadium and around the world. Kaine's second penalty he should not have taken as the pressure on him was tremendous to say the least, the first one was a massive bit of pressure on him, he should have nominated another player although he would feel the pressure but not as much as Kaine did.

I saw the the 1966 world cup win as a young 19 year old and as said on a black and white TV set where the refs were fair and no VAR in thoe's days, and if it was the same today the outcome may have had a different result, as an England fan and an Arsenal fan i support both clubs win, loose or draw.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 12 01:59

While I don't follow soccer, I get the spirit of the game.
Imagine my feelings a few years ago when USA lost to Mexico in the World Classic.
Just keep in mind that to make it as far as you did is a great accomplishment.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 12 09:39

trout39843 wrote: 12th Dec 2022 at 1:59am While I don't follow soccer, I get the spirit of the game.
Imagine my feelings a few years ago when USA lost to Mexico in the World Classic.
Just keep in mind that to make it as far as you did is a great accomplishment.
There's a saying over here Trout, "England expects"

Don't really follow football and was determined not to watch when it is held in Qatar...
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Dec 2022 12 11:15

Oh dear what a shame, never mind.
Back to real news on the telly instead of football [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Dec 2022 12 18:19

I just felt lucky making it home safely on Saturday night after visiting family. Is there a law I don't know about where you are allowed to drink drive or just drive like a complete moron after an England football game ?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Dec 2022 13 09:26

It is a shame…….I wanted England to lose every game because of their pointless and hypocritical show of kneeling down before every game.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 13 15:58

I have to say that although i love my football (Newcastle season ticket holder for 47 years) i am never that bothered about the National team, if they do well then fine but otherwise i never really get excited about it.
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.