Retirement Homes at Morden College.

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

grahambute
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2023 15 10:27

Retirement Homes at Morden College.

Since retiring as a Caretaker in 2011 I have lived at Morden College. This is a charity originally established in 1695 to provide accommodation for Traders who had fallen on hard times. In practice now it is Alms House Accommodation for retired persons who have been (or have been married to) Business Owners and Managers. I can assure you that the position of School Caretaker does qualify as there are at least two retired School Caretakers amongst the 400 or so residents.

Before retirement I was a Residential Caretaker for 8 years and before that had tied cottages at the Stately Homes where I worked. When I retired finding Almshouse properties was a Godsend. All properties are 1 bedroom, but there are Guest flats for visitors.

Originally I lived at one of their sites in Blackheath, but just before Covid started moved to Ralph Perring Court at Beckenham.

If you are interested this is a link to their information https://mordencollege.org.uk/accommodat ... esidences/ . You can also DM me if you want personal thoughts.
Grahambute
Now retired, and enjoying every minute
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2023 16 14:17

Re: Retirement Homes at Morden College.

They look very nice in those photos. [Like.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)