BBC HD regions - Not long now

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2023 09 09:08

Re: BBC HD regions - Not long now

Big brother is watching. I remember seeing these...

kG00j.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 09 11:05

Emley Moor transmitter can be seen for miles. I have been up to it cos it is near my sons girlfriends place near Denby Dale. Quite impressive indeed. Ours on the other side of the Pennines can be seen for miles as well. Winter Hill transmitter is 1015 feet high (about the same size as The Eiffel Tower) but supported by cables. It is the tallest man-made structure in the North West of England. On a tangent again... in 1958 there was a bad air disaster just a couple of hundred metres from the transmitter mast. 35 people were killed and 7 survived, including the crew. The stewardess was on her first solo trip! This disaster was within just a few weeks of the Munich Air Crash and quite close to Manchester, but not many people round here know about it, though they have all heard of the Munich one.
On a clear day on Winter Hill, I can see Snowdon in one direction and Ingleborough in the other. A distance of 107 miles between the 2. Also, if you are lucky, you can see the Isle of Man!
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 09 11:05

thecaretaker wrote: 9th Feb 2023 at 9:08am Big brother is watching. I remember seeing these...

kG00j.jpg
Did you know they never were able to find anyone with the equipment inside it was pure propaganda to scare people into paying for a TV licence.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 09 12:28

Vera wrote: 9th Feb 2023 at 9:00am Prepare for a rough ride, be sure to have no ability to receive any broadcast TV and cancel your subscription to BBC i Player (if you have one)
Be sure to know your legal rights and expect a knock on the door from TV licencing with a court order to enter your property to check your TVs.
Yeah, I'm not worried. Would have ditched it years ago to be honest.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2023 26 18:19

Well we finally upgraded in the North East today, i can now watch the local news in HD 😀
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.