Southern Water again!

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jun 2023 16 16:50

Re: Southern Water again!

steveg wrote: 16th Jun 2023 at 1:05pm I see they have announced that there will be a hosepipe ban for Sussex and Kent starting on the 26th too.
And this follows one of the wettest periods in the South in a long time. We went weeks with no let up this winter/spring. If only they had invested in better water catchment, we wouldn't be in this situation.

There is a chance of rain here on Sunday. But I'm not holding my breath. It always seems to miss us on the coast (Hastings - Sun Trap Of The South). I bought Begonias for the front garden at the start of May. We haven't had a drop of rain since I bought them. Lugging watering cans about doesn't do my back any good and takes ages.

Still, we moan if it's too hot, too wet, too cold, too dry, if it is snowing... We are never happy us Brits [Big grin.png] [Scared.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jun 2023 18 07:45

Re: Southern Water again!

It does seem that these water supply companies only care about profits and do as little maintenance as possible.

I’m with Thames Water and we also have times when the water is cut but mostly only for a few hours. For the last week the tap in the kitchen burps and splutters first thing and seems to be running with a lower pressure. Maybe they cut the supply during the night to carry out maintenance?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.