Heating Decarbonisation plan (Net Zero)

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 12 15:35

Re: Heating Decarbonisation plan (Net Zero)

This is true.

You need enough renewable generation to offset your use of non renewable when renewable power is not available. Most schools I think could carry a lot of solar panels, way more than needed to cover all thier electricity use.

solar/heatpumps and greater efficiency are your main route. But im sure its not easy. Funding is available....Salix for example.
adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2023 22 10:55

Re: Heating Decarbonisation plan (Net Zero)

I would be refusing to do this, unless qualified to give out such advice.

If it all goes pear shaped, guess who they will blame for it, and it won't be the headteacher either.

In regards to solar panels, they really wont be able to supply enough power for an average school, you would need to get a massive power bank of batteries to store the energy supplied by them, and even then they only get charged when the sun is out, in wintertime they will struggle to supply what you need, considering the amount of energy school require daily for their operation.

Good luck, you will need it, and also refuse jobs you don't have any knowledge to do, especially something as complicated as this.

Make them get experts in, they will be paid thousands to do it, you wont be though.
I often wonder why its easier to complain than praise?
Understanding and co-operation is sadly lacking in schools towards support staff.
When we are wanted, they are all nice, when we ask for something they moan!
Men live their lives in quiet desperation when it comes to the opposite gender!
Don't trust anyone, they will only hurt you!
It's a sad situation really :(