Run down

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jul 2023 07 16:09

Re: Run down

TheTaker wrote: 7th Jul 2023 at 2:53pm Thanks guys im trying to get some help got a doctors appointment for a couple of weeks time.
Good news mate, listen to what the Dr says and don't give work a second thought if they sign you off. It's a horrible place to be and speaking from experience you need to just think about you as that is the most important way forward
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
peter1970
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 10 17:26

Remember "its ok to not be ok"
look after yourself.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 11 08:09

TheTaker wrote: 7th Jul 2023 at 2:53pm Thanks guys im trying to get some help got a doctors appointment for a couple of weeks time.
Well done, take care and look after yourself [Like.png]
Sadly I've known a few Cartakers that have suffered similar work related stress, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you look for it [Thumb_up.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2023 11 16:25

That's great news m8. Your health is far more important than work. I'm sure your GP will help. It might take time, but their is no rush. Look after No.1. [Like.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 12 08:04

Great news, try to insist that you get the correct help and as others have said if you are signed off, kick back and relax and don't even think about the school, it will still be there if and when you return.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 18 10:25

went to the doctors yesterday and i dont understand why they ask you what you want them to do, i just want to be happy again i said ill put you on meds end of appointment. is it me or have gps got less caring
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
MajorD
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 18 14:18

Hi there

I was signed on and off for the past 2 years due to chronic depression. I put on over 2 stone in weight, I became agoraphobic and lost interest in my wife and kids. The doctor put me on heavy sedatives and arranged therapy. At the time, I couldn't be bothered with the therapy but I dragged myself along to the sessions. I'm not sure if it helped or made me realise that I needed a complete change. I changed my jobs and am currently in the process of moving. This has made me feel much better although I still have dark days.
My point is to hang in there. I know its very tough but you have to start pushing for a change and then you should hopefully start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck mate.