NEBOSH

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Chester
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 14 10:33

Re: NEBOSH

Just-Google-It wrote: 6th Nov 2023 at 9:01am Hello,

Where do you all do your NEBOSH training?
Have your schools funded?

I am interested in taking the course but not sure how to approach the subject due to the cost.

Thanks. [Like.png]
I'm doing mine online via Rospa I would however recommend doing it either on day release or at least classroom based, I try to study and every time I sit at my desk someone comes in to disturb me, I've had to extend the access to the course materials once already and it looks like I'm going to have to extend again as I've fallen behind.
MrMoustache
Nov 2023 20 13:24

I'm planning to get the Certificate, I'm just not sure if do everything online or do a sort of blended course (face to face lesson once a week ), any advice ?
Chester
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 14:45

MrMoustache wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 1:24pm I'm planning to get the Certificate, I'm just not sure if do everything online or do a sort of blended course (face to face lesson once a week ), any advice ?
Do some face to face would be my advice , it's very lonely doing it all online and if you're doing it at work expect to be disturbed constantly.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 16:19

Im still waiting to get my results for my General certificate. Have to say, struggled through mine. as others said, the online course can be difficult with constant interuptions.
I also lost my mother and father during the course and put me back but i didnt extend. wish i had of.
did it take a while for you all to get the results. mines been a month so far..
"Can you just?....."
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 16:40

Sharky wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 4:19pm Im still waiting to get my results for my General certificate. Have to say, struggled through mine. as others said, the online course can be difficult with constant interuptions.
I also lost my mother and father during the course and put me back but i didnt extend. wish i had of.
Sorry to hear of your loss but congratulations for keeping going. When i did mine in 2014 it took 6 weeks to get the results. Funnily enough i got mine on the day i got home from the Caretakers conference that year, pass with credit, only 4 points short of a distinction
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 16:44

MrMoustache wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 1:24pm I'm planning to get the Certificate, I'm just not sure if do everything online or do a sort of blended course (face to face lesson once a week ), any advice ?
Definitely face to face, i did mine as a 3 hour weekly evening class at Northumbria university and doing it face to face gives you plenty of time to ask questions and get more exact information. Also doing it weekly gives you more chance to go over your notes and take the information in before moving onto the next section
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 17:25

magpie wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 4:40pm Sorry to hear of your loss but congratulations for keeping going. When i did mine in 2014 it took 6 weeks to get the results. Funnily enough i got mine on the day i got home from the Caretakers conference that year, pass with credit, only 4 points short of a distinction
What on earth is the caretakers conference? Never heard of that. Is there free food?

My exam was 8th of this month and I've just submitted NG2 today. Apparently we don't get our results until around 25th January, which just seems absolutely absurd to me. Then if you fail, you have to wait for the next exam/submission date, then another couple of months for the results.

I did mine entirely classroom based on block release over the course of 12 days and it was a LOT to take in in such a short amount of time, and some of the other participants were a tad irritating. I think I'd have preferred to have done it online over a longer period, though being face to face takes away the issue of self motivation to learn.

I found the open book exam really stressful. I'd got a little complacent in thinking I've got 24 hours to do this, it'll be a breeze...but some of the questions I really struggled extracting enough info from the scenario to give enough answers. Didn't help that I was in a WhatsApp group with the others on my course and they all seemed to be writing more than me....or so they said.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 17:59

JonOfham wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 5:25pm What on earth is the caretakers conference? Never heard of that. Is there free food?

My exam was 8th of this month and I've just submitted NG2 today. Apparently we don't get our results until around 25th January, which just seems absolutely absurd to me. Then if you fail, you have to wait for the next exam/submission date, then another couple of months for the results.

I did mine entirely classroom based on block release over the course of 12 days and it was a LOT to take in in such a short amount of time, and some of the other participants were a tad irritating. I think I'd have preferred to have done it online over a longer period, though being face to face takes away the issue of self motivation to learn.

I found the open book exam really stressful. I'd got a little complacent in thinking I've got 24 hours to do this, it'll be a breeze...but some of the questions I really struggled extracting enough info from the scenario to give enough answers. Didn't help that I was in a WhatsApp group with the others on my course and they all seemed to be writing more than me....or so they said.
Good luck. fingers crossed for you.
"Can you just?....."
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 19:09

JonOfham wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 5:25pm What on earth is the caretakers conference? Never heard of that. Is there free food?
The caretakers conference was the brainchild of CT and i believe there were 10 in total held at various different venues each year around July time. I went to all 10 and got to meet some great people on this sight who became good friends. Unfortunately it ended a few years ago but they were great times and usually as they were held on a Monday we would make a weekend of it and have a get together, a few beers and some great laughs, great times but those of us who were at the Blackpool conference have a common bond that we cannot speak of😂😂😂
MrMoustache
Nov 2023 21 07:20

Sharky wrote: 20th Nov 2023 at 4:19pm Im still waiting to get my results for my General certificate. Have to say, struggled through mine. as others said, the online course can be difficult with constant interuptions.
I'm really sorry for your loss [Disappointment.png]

I did the Uni (different subject) and I used to study a lot but it was over 20 years ago, I also had a major heart attack not long ago and in some way affected my level of attention and my memory that's why I may not be able to handle an intensive classroom course and I was thinking of something between